0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: a day in the life

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 17-Feb-02  @  03:03 AM   -   a day in the life

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

the title of the thread is the title of the track. its at the top in my tracks list here on dt. Its ambient/house, or something like that.

I'd also like to know if anyone knows of any labels out there that might dig this kinda music that i could send a demo to... just gimme some label names.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 17-Feb-02  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: a day in the life

Maarten

It's beautifull nothingnewhere! Very pleasant to me ears   It could use some more percussion later on... I understand that in this genre it shouldn't get too hectic but maybe some delicate shots here and there in the background? Nicely done though... I'm not too familiar in this area so wouldn't know of any labels...

-M-

Message 3/12                 Date: 17-Feb-02  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: a day in the life

0/d

Link?:  Link

very very nice,what synth is that? Such pure tones! I didn't like the kick at first when it came in,but as I kept listenening I got used to it.

Message 4/12                 Date: 17-Feb-02  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: a day in the life

Frostbyte

you can show a lot of "retenue", all silky smooth, nice development. this is good

sorry I cant help for labels  

Message 5/12                 Date: 17-Feb-02  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: a day in the life

sitar

Labeless here too. Your delayed synth sounds very much like something Orbital uses in one of their tracks. I like that sound a lot. I'm in agreeance that if you added a couple more parts to the drum kit it'd be nice too. But I think that's not really what your reaching for with your tracks. Just another option there. Psychologically soothing as always.

Message 6/12                 Date: 17-Feb-02  @  11:15 PM   -   RE: a day in the life

influx

try mindspawn, man. he might know someone who would like this stuff

I think I said that before. dunno

Message 7/12                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  12:03 PM   -   RE: a day in the life

k

Link?:  No link

nicey!   - I like the african quality of the kalimba square-wave sound...

Message 8/12                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  04:06 PM     Edit: 18-Feb-02  |  04:13 PM   -   RE: a day in the life

nothingnewhere

thanks so much for all the kind comments everyone.

a friend of mine wants to remix this, he does prog&tribal house type stuff, so there may be another version more on the dance side of things later. the details arent yet clear.

synth is my uQ, a mostly fm patch. it accents in 2 directions with the pitch bender, one direction gets more fm and less filter, the other gets more filter and less fm.

& trust me, the kick souds alot better (less distracting atleast) uncompressed... even at 128kbps it sounds kinda crappy.

Message 9/12                 Date: 18-Feb-02  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: a day in the life

sitar

I didn't mind the kick at all. And it's great your friend is doing a remix on the dance side, but you are certainly capable of doing the rhythm yourself. Just an observation.

Message 10/12                 Date: 21-Feb-02  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: a day in the life

k

Link?:  No link

yes, actualy i too really liked the kik - different, tribal...

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum