0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  12:26 AM   -   Listen to my New Track Sound Search

EcstaticHigH

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ok, this is my most recent track. K, influx all of you listen and tell me what you think. Have I improved from the last ones. Oh and this is up on DT and it actually sounds halfway decent at 24KB

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/21                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

EcstaticHigH

Link?: Link

ok i signed in so u have the link

Message 3/21                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

Maarten

Can't you say please?

Message 4/21                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  09:34 AM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

influx

Link?:  Link

ahahahaha!!!!

EH...what do YOU think of it? Have you improved? Does the mix sound better?

if so, WHY? what did you do differently?

Message 5/21                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  09:35 AM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

Maarten

Decent track btw, but you might want to make it somewhat shorter... after about 3:00 minutes I started skipping through to find very little interesting things added, I mean almost 9 minutes- vary a bit more if your gonna make it that long.

cheers,
-M-

Message 6/21                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  09:12 PM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

EcstaticHigH

Thats it, no more reviews?? what about everyone else?

Message 7/21                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

influx

man...you seem to COMPLETELY ignore attempts at helping you!!!!

fuck youre frustrating. its like..do you LEARN?

I asked you what YOU thought of your music and you say "THATS IT? NO MORE REVIEWS"!!!!

bro...9 fucking minutes? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! how self indulgent is that!?!?!?!

look..unless youre REALLY changing it up...anything more than 6 and youre just pushing it. think about it

it sounds like..based on what K said before and now maarten..that you arent listening to what people say, which tells me that youre really only trying to get people to HEAR It, and couldnt care less about constructive criticism!!!!

Both kilo and a few others said your shit gets boring in the beginning a couple songs back, and yet..this brand new, new and improved one...NINE MINUTES and after THREE its still the same?

come on, kid. sorry to sound harsh but are you paying attention?

Message 8/21                 Date: 13-Feb-02  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

EcstaticHigH

I am listening to what you say. I can't review my own work because of cparse I will be biased. Thats why I want other peoples opinions. How does this get boring. I don't purposely make it 9 minutes long. I just write music and when I put down my ideas it comes out to be 9 minutes long. it's not like I purposely stretch what I have to make it longer. I am asking for you professional opinions and believe me, I do listen to them. This track was almost complete when you reviewed that other one anyway. So I don't know what else to say, it seems like my music has to be as complex and as perfect as like Mozart to get anything positive from you guys.

Message 9/21                 Date: 14-Feb-02  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

influx

I sure sound meaner than I intend sometimes.

but no, doesnt need to be anywhere NEAR to mozart, but..

youre not listening. If someone says more than once "well..its seems a bit long...this one and this one and this one all sorta drag" then..if you were applying what you claim to consider "advice" then the next one that comes along would be a bit shorter, no?

cool thing is..its pretty easy to cut stuff out. 9 minutes is just too long. I know..a lot of trance tracks are really long, but those are the ones that usually have a lot of changes and variations...so keep that in mind.

as for getting something positive, thats simply not true. it just really does seem like youre not applying the things you claimed to learn

and also..its not impossible to be largely unbiased about your own music. ESPECIALLY when it comes to the production side (which is really what we all need to focus on. I cant ask you if you "like" my music and then try to change it more for you to like it, and you cant ask me if I like yours and if I say no then you go and try to do something different but what all of us CAN do is say "does this work? how can I get the bass fuller sounding," etc)

but the key is..YOU. do YOU think it sounds better than before? Have you done some research and then applied it? learning is nothing without application, no?

really not trying to be harsh but...you just come off in a funny way and it sometimes seems like youre not really interested in putting in the work it takes to refine ones sound...

Message 10/21                 Date: 14-Feb-02  @  05:02 AM   -   RE: Listen to my New Track Sound Search

Namhaj

EH... What do you consider a positive comment? constructive critisism, or blowing sunshine up your ass for no apparent reason?

Would you rather people lie to you and tell you how good you are? this wont help you improve, the exact opposite actually.

Third party critique is a great way to see problems (or possible improvements) that you always overlook. When someone points out something to me what they think is wrong with a track, i appreciate their honesty, cos its helping me to improve, or it helps me look at my music in a different way. Thats the beauty of places like DT! Appreciate it!

P.S. I cant stream your track from where i am right now, so i cant give contructive critisism.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum