0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: SpinbacKs first DT track at last :)

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  04:51 AM   -   SpinbacKs first DT track at last :)

BlooVooDoo

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Finally bit the bullet and uploaded a track.

Its called 'Take Me To The Top' on my profile.

Its pretty full-on dancefloor stuff really. Its something i collaborated on for a bit of fun as a break from the usual but now quite like.

Also, what encoding software are you guys using?
I encoded with 'mp3comp09' but seem to have lost all the percussion in the compression... ;)

Anyways let me know what you think!

SpinbacK (BLOOVOODOO)

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  10:17 AM   -   RE: SpinbacKs first DT track at last :)

influx

Link?:  Link

I will go listen right now. as for encoders, do you have Wavelab3? sounds very good if you do.

Message 3/11                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: SpinbacKs first DT track at last :)

SpinbacK

Link?:  No link

Yes, one of my mates has got Wavelab3, ill see if he'll encode my files for me in future.

cheers
SpinbacK

Message 4/11                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: SpinbacKs first DT track at last :)

influx

I went and listened. sounds fine to me. Reminds me of old "techno"...really reminded me of Messiah!

very energetic. Sounds like its a good piece of work. I cant say much about the style..just not knowledgeable enough, but the mix sounds balanced and solid (and the encoding aint all that bad)

Message 5/11                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: SpinbacKs first DT track at last :)

spinback

thanks influx mate, I apreciate the comments on the mix, its the first one mixed through Protools since my new monitors and plug-ins so i was a bit wary about how things were sitting in the mix. To be honest im not really too knowledgable about mixing down/frequencies etc...

StillLearningSpinbacK

Message 6/11                 Date: 08-Feb-02  @  11:15 PM   -   RE: SpinbacKs first DT track at last :)

influx

it just takes time.

the best explanation I have ever heard is to look at a mix as a physical space with two main facets: Frequency and position in the stereo field. In either case if too many sounds occupy the same position (either panning or frequency range) they will be drowned out or muddy or any number of (usually) undesirable results...

so...if you give each sound "room" frequency and position wise, you get that much better of a mix from the start.

I was also told not to concern myself TOO much with "engineering". Just get the sound sounding good while dry, and leave the EQ etc to a minimum. This doesnt always apply of course...a good pumped up bass can require a lot of EQ, as can any other sounds, but I think the best rule is the simpler the better

it is, after all, just dance music for the most part. the ENERGY is the focus, not the technical aspects, no?

Message 7/11                 Date: 09-Feb-02  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: SpinbacKs first DT track at last :)

bedwyr

hahahahahahaha! this put a smile on my face. cool. just like a good sweaty night out from a few years ago. it's that piano.   you should give it a reprise later on in the track.

one thing i noticed was the first kick of the bar sounds funny, sounds like some unnecessary pumping going on . in the non-piano bit.

anyway everything else sounds cool.

"allright mate? you sorted?"

Message 8/11                 Date: 09-Feb-02  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: SpinbacKs first DT track at last :)

Bastiaan (Hajee)

Yeah I hear some compressor kicking in or something....definately check that loop...

I hear quite a lot of very fimaliar samples/loops.

Message 9/11                 Date: 09-Feb-02  @  02:58 PM     Edit: 09-Feb-02  |  02:59 PM   -   RE: SpinbacKs first DT track at last :)

k

ooooh!! - hardhouse!... yummy!.. excellent! - i reckon you could get that out no probs.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/11                 Date: 11-Feb-02  @  03:34 AM   -   RE: SpinbacKs first DT track at last :)

spinback

Cheers influx, good explanation- ill give that a go.

bedwyr- yeah, i hear what you are talking about, it was a joint project i was working on with a mate- he recorded a few of the loops from AtariST/AkaiS2000 and brought them down to mine to do the mix so i can only assume hes trimmed that bar a fraction to much and took a bit of zip of that first kick, not sure- if i redo it ill sort that out.

hajee, familiar samples? the guys name is johnny, so thats why that samples there, not my personal taste but it was a joint track.

K- 'Ard house  I'll get the glowsticks in boss.

SpinbacK

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum