0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Smapler poll

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/31                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  09:40 PM   -   Smapler poll

99devils

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I was curious as to what kind of samplers everyone is using, and how they're spec'd.. I thought it might be nice for everyone to post their sampler, if nothing else than to make it easyto find others who have the same thing if you have any questions or problems.

I'm using an Akai S6000 studio, 128 voice, 16 out w/FX, 72MB of RAM, and a 4GB hard disk. I'm looking to get the Ak.Sys USB connector for it soon too.

Previously, I used a bone-stock S2000 with 2 outs, 32MB RAM and a zip drive.

-Craig

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/31                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

nothingnewhere

Roland S-550. 16 voices, 1.5 meg ram 12bit/15 or 30khz.

i want a newer yamaha sampler so i can do lots of sampled things in a track instead of just 1 or 2.

Message 3/31                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

milan

Link?:  Link

EMU ESI2000, 64Mb, 8 outs and fx added. external HD 2Gb and scsi to pc.

oh, and fake scsi drivers so my smapler shows up in the h/w manager as "emu sampler" and not "scsi device No...." 

i guess exs24 or the like could easily replace it, but i like harware. and i like the sound.

Message 4/31                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Bastiaan (Hajee)

Yamaha a4k...36 meg and zipdrive (Zip100) and very happy with it despite it's quirks...I could do with a deteachable screen + controllers and faster diskloading times...

Message 5/31                 Date: 06-Feb-02  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

steve

e-mu 6400 ultra with 16 outs, 32mb, zip100 and an internal 10gig drive with the planet phatt/orbit/e-synth roms copied onto.

Completely fucking useless now unless your idea of fun is having one hand hovering over your pc keyboard and mouse operating a buggy editor whilst the other is on the data wheel because e-mu decided a hugely expensive sampler needs incredibly cheap buttons that wearout and double/triple/quadruple trigger everytime you press them.

Not that I`m bitter you understand.

Using exs24 now which is basic as hell but inergrates beautifully into logic and sounds noticably tighter. Gonna get the e-mu fixed when money allows and sell it off, a bit sad really cos I love the bugger but not as sad as the humungous depreciation I`ll be taking a bite on.

Message 6/31                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

Pure Phase

Link?:  No link

Akai S2000 - 8 outs - 32Mb
SCSI to PC running MESA (eventually i got it working).

Cool when it is all working...Amazing filter
on it. But lacking any effects.

Message 7/31                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

bedwyr

yamaha a3000 v.1 34mb. never use it anymore, but if i get a soundcard with multi ins, and a decent midi interface, i might start. like steve i'm using exs24 in logic, mainly for drums and percussion. and some trombone.

Message 8/31                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

k

e-max for the 12-bit/curtis filters/awesome sound & Logic EXS24.

Message 9/31                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

99devils

I think I'd be more interested in software sampling if it was still just me.. Now I've got a band, and a practice space away from my studio. I gotta have hardware for that 'cause we play live (soon to be playing live a lot) and I don't trust lappys..

-Craig

Message 10/31                 Date: 07-Feb-02  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: Smapler poll

toast

I've got an emax and an esi 2000 but they never get used anymore. Battery and the EXS24 cover all my needs. I'm looking forward to the new soft samplers with good filters coming out though. The one from NI and emu's software ultra both look tasty.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum