0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/50                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  02:14 PM   -   Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

K

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

right, due to people adding the WRONG FORMAT files they wouldnt play when we went to judge the contest -

so you have one week to change these files to a file with a proper format capable of being played on pro audio soundcards (22k mono, NOT 11k or some other wierd 'in-between' format)

we've shortlisted a bunch of tracks but we couldnt do it all cos quite a few tracks would not play on the monitor system due to this problem.

you have ONE WEEK - to replace these files with a new proper version - next weekend we will decide the final winners and any tracks not changed & playable by that date will be excluded from the contest.

the format is 22k mono playback.... pro soundcards do NOT playback at 11k or 16k etc...

22K is the ONLY LO FI freq rate supported by pro audio card which is being used for driving the monitor system... 11k only plays on the lo-end soundcard windows audio mapper codec & not via the main audio rack outs connected to the monitoring system.

THAT IS WHY we specifuy 22k mono cos it'll play on ALL MODEMS AND ALL MONITOR SYSTEMS.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/50                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

sitarsong

Link?: Link

For clarification K, 22k is the setting to be concerned about yes? The other setting which is the sample rate I think (I get them confused) can vary yes?

Message 3/50                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

influx

Link?:  Link

no. its the sample rate that has to be an acceptable rate. 22.5, 44.1, 48k, some 96k but of course we're not going there

Message 4/50                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

sitarsong

Thanks.

Message 5/50                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

k

mebbe thats a bit harsh the way i said it... but it was a right pain cos it's over-run so much and we wanted to get a result.. but we'd be listening to some cuts, then the next one wouldnt work on the hi-end output, so we'd have to repatch all the cables each time we arrived at an 11k track and i think there was one 16k track (?) and after a few we gave up cos it was chaotic repatching

By the way sitar.. one thing we noticed was that your tracks all have very little bass end & sound quite thin.... is that your encoder s/w ?

Message 6/50                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Breakerbox

Is it too late too enter the competition? (dont ask me where i ve been)

Message 7/50                 Date: 27-Jan-02  @  10:37 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

influx

Link?:  Link

yeah...if these folks want a chance at winning they should adhere to your rules!

so make it clear..ONLY those in that specific format will win, no?

Message 8/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

k

sure breaker - but get the stuff up by the weekend.

Also there is one person (Bedwyr) who is entered ... but doesnt have any tracks added!! - ha ha ha  

Message 9/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

bedwyr

i took 'em all off the other week. ho ho ho.

Message 10/50                 Date: 28-Jan-02  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: Track Competition - IMPORTANT!!

Matias Monteagudo

Kilo!

If I encode my track to more than 16k it will be larger than 1.5m so:

Can I add a track bigger than 1.5mb only for the contest?? or I have to cut my song even more?

Thanks!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 50 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum