0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: SCSI - S2000 to PC - errors

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 03-Jan-02  @  05:35 PM   -   SCSI - S2000 to PC - errors

Phase

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am having problems loading programs onto my Akai S2000 from my PC (1.4 Ahtlon/Win2k). Some of the data seems to get randomised on the way. Has anyone had similar problems.

Cheers

Phase

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 03-Jan-02  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: SCSI - S2000 to PC - errors

99devils

Link?: Link

Which app are you using? MESA isn't Win2k compatible..

-Craig

Message 3/11                 Date: 07-Jan-02  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: SCSI - S2000 to PC - errors

phase

I am using MESA on a Win2000 machine. All you need it a couple of aspi files which win2k doesnt
have and it should work fine....

But unfortunately i still have problems.
It saves the files off, but when i load them back on it changes which program goes with which sample, and changes some of the values of the parameters.

Message 4/11                 Date: 12-Jan-02  @  10:44 AM   -   RE: SCSI - S2000 to PC - errors

xoxos

i'm running mesa on a 98.. it does stuff like that all the time.. crazy stuff it'll do on one program and that program only.

try keeping your programs on a floppy and just batch select samples to load.

Message 5/11                 Date: 14-Jan-02  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: SCSI - S2000 to PC - errors

Pure Phase

Yeah, thats not a bad idea, cheers. I could get a Zip drive if i could find any SCSI ones about, they all seem to be USB now. But i really liked using MESA for setting up my Keygroups and programs and stuff... It would be a big shame if i couldnt use it.

Anyone else with any ideas?

Message 6/11                 Date: 14-Jan-02  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: SCSI - S2000 to PC - errors

influx

Link?:  Link

Pure phase

I have a scsi zip 250 that Id sell. are you in the US?

actually wouldnt cost that much to ship

Message 7/11                 Date: 14-Jan-02  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: SCSI - S2000 to PC - errors

99devils

Check Ebay for SCSI zip drives. Actually, if you're in the USA email me with an offer.

-Craig

Message 8/11                 Date: 17-Jan-02  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: SCSI - S2000 to PC - errors

Pure Phase

Cheers for the offers. But i am in the UK. Ebay has quiet a few...
I think i might wait a while and see if i can find any other solution. I cant give up on my PC quite yet. I am testing out NiceWave which seems like a good alternative to MESA. For those who are interested you can download it for free from
http://nicey.com/technology/nicewave/

Cheers, everyone for their help.

Phase

Message 9/11                 Date: 21-Jan-02  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: SCSI - S2000 to PC - errors

OnAcid

You have to make sure that the S2000 is in a main menu. So just press the multi buton before you make any scsi transfers and everything will be allright.

If the sampler is in a submenu. It randomises setting like panning, volume, etc.

Message 10/11                 Date: 23-Jan-02  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: SCSI - S2000 to PC - errors

Pure Phase

Cheers mate,
I will give that a go tonight. I hope it works.
I was going to defect to EMU if it continued to give me problems.

Thanks

Phase

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum