0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Mic help...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 16-Dec-01  @  05:29 PM   -   Mic help...

J

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have $200 to spend on a mic. I'm doing studio work with female vocals and once in a while I'll want to use it to record congas or drum hits from a live set. Can anyone please steer me in the right direction for a good condenser mic in that price range. If I can't get a mic that'll record both- I'd rather have one that gets the vocals good. Thank you

James

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 16-Dec-01  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: Mic help...

k

Link?:  Link

akg 1000 ? (they do a live & studio model) - it's pretty good with a pop sheild.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/11                 Date: 16-Dec-01  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: Mic help...

J

AKG C1000S ?

Message 4/11                 Date: 16-Dec-01  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: Mic help...

influx

Electro Voice RE-20 (youd have to score a sick deal but thats a nice vocal mic, and works solid on drums too Ive been told)

Message 5/11                 Date: 16-Dec-01  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Mic help...

J

Well. I just got an AKG C1000S gor $180- I hope it's nice. I'll have it by Wednesday. Thanx-

J

Message 6/11                 Date: 20-Dec-01  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: Mic help...

99devils

Link?: Link

The Oktava mk012s are nice for that kind of thing.. They make decent drum overheads too.

-Craig

Message 7/11                 Date: 21-Dec-01  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Mic help...

nomad

you don't hear of them much, but audio technica pro 37rs are pretty decent, and you can get them new for 130 bucks.... you could almost get two. i used them mostly on drums & guitars but i did throw them on voices a couple times, and it sounded good... way better than an sm58, that's for sure....

Message 8/11                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  11:25 AM     Edit: 12-Feb-02  |  11:38 AM   -   RE: Mic help...

xoxos

i'm looking for a small diaphragm condenser.. can't seem to find much in the way of user reviews. my candidates are AKG c1000s ($199,) audio technica at3031 ($169,) rode nt3 ($149 but another 'name' would be nice..) and oktava mk012 ($99!)

i understand the oktavas are a risk.. evidently the quality mk012s are paired off and sold under another name, and the ones that don't make that cut are shipped off to guitar center after a simple pass/fail test, so there's a lot of variance in build and signal quality. that's from a '99 review.. considering they're '95 or so, i doubt much has changed since '99.

i'm looking for something to add a bit more sparkle than my realistic for other people's vocals at the moment; pairing it with a rode nt1 to comprise my 'mic cabinet,' so probably used for vocals, guitars, whatever.. trying to get a studio off the ground. anyone tried the 3031 yet?

Message 9/11                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: Mic help...

99devils

I've never heard anything concrete to back up the Oktava rumor.. I put it off to urban legend, although there ARE quality control issues. I've got a pair of the Oktavas and they are very good mics for the money. I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up, especially at $99. I got my pair for $300 and I still consider that a pretty good deal  

-Craig

Message 10/11                 Date: 12-Feb-02  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: Mic help...

k

http://www.red5audio.com/Products.htm

that is in the Uk tho but they send to other countries - or....

http://www.studioprojectsusa.com/

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum