0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Akai S500/S600 users please!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19                 Date: 03-Dec-01  @  07:05 PM   -   Akai S500/S600 users please!

99devils

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I've got an Akai S6000 Studio on the way. While reading some of the online reviews of the S5k/S6k, one of them mentioned that they were unable to get the machine to read .wav samples of a CD-ROM. Does anyone know if this problem's been fixed? Not much sense in me buying a CD-ROM if not..

Thanks,

-Craig

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/19                 Date: 03-Dec-01  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

99devils

Doh! That should've been S5000 and S6000, not S500 and S600  

-Craig

Message 3/19                 Date: 04-Dec-01  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

Mahuska

Say I don't own one but have been really Investigating it. I don't know if this info will be of any use, but I was trying to see if I could use my PC's internal Ide CD-rom to transfer Akai, I got this back from Akai Loading samples from an AKAI CD-ROM (via your PC) to either the S6000 or
the Z series would not be possible because the computer would be unable
to recognize the AKAI format. If your soft sampler will read AKAI files,
it would be possible to load the files into the computer, then transfer
them to the sampler (as .wav files).

Best Regards,
Akai Product Support

Akai Musical Instrument Corp.

Phone: 817-831-9203
Fax: 817-222-1490
E-mail: akai_support_us@akaipro.com

anyway This software would let me do that
http://www.cdxtract.com/. In your case, at least the Usb way would work for wav., alot of people are editing in Sound Forge then dumping into the sampler via USb
regards Mahuska

Message 4/19                 Date: 04-Dec-01  @  05:27 AM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

influx

Link?:  Link

sposed to be able to read .wav from any source arent they?

Message 5/19                 Date: 04-Dec-01  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

99devils

Supposed to, yes. Like I said I saw a review (I think it was Sound On Sound) where the reveiwer was unable to load anything from CD-ROM except Akai-formatted sample CDs. I've got .wav format CDs which it should read. Just wondering if I should waste time dicking with a CD-ROM drive  

-Craig

Message 6/19                 Date: 04-Dec-01  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

influx

well...you can still open em in an editor and scsi over. not that problematic. that way you can edit the fk out of them first

Message 7/19                 Date: 05-Dec-01  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

xoxos

just expressing my amazement.. 6000 going for $1100 new now..

Message 8/19                 Date: 05-Dec-01  @  02:04 PM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

99devils

Yeah, Xoxos, that's why I jumped on it. And it's the studio model, with FX, extra voices, 32 MIDI channels, etc..

Influx - I'm playing with a band in a rehersal space (ok, it's a crakhouse, but) away from the rest of my studio. I'd love to be able to drage the sampler, a CD-ROM drive, and my CD library without having to have a PC around.

-Craig

Message 9/19                 Date: 05-Dec-01  @  07:25 PM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

influx

awww come on ya big sissy.

Message 10/19                 Date: 06-Dec-01  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Akai S500/S600 users please!

99devils

What? Taking a 12-space rack with the Virus, Akai, an FX box, an RM1X, and a Nord Lead keys isn't dragging enough shit around?!?

The S6000 arrived yesterday. It's soooo much easier to get around on than the S2000, yet very familiar if you've had an Akai before. The large, detachable screen is the bomb - I can drag it anywhere in the studio and work. 16 outs standard is the bomb. The FX processor is OK - usable for sure. PC floppy/hard disk and .wav compatibility is the bomb. Adding the USB card will probably just make me shit myself with glee  

-Craig

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum