0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: new choons - just joined up

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/22                 Date: 15-Nov-01  @  01:53 PM   -   new choons - just joined up

blacker

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi all:

New to DT and hoped you might have a listen to one or two of the tracks I just put up. If you want better quality, the tracks are also up at: http://blacker.iuma.com, http://stage.vitaminic.com/blacker,
http://www.zebox.com/blacker

Email me and let me know what you think - constructive criticism more than welcome.

Cheers,

blacker

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/22                 Date: 15-Nov-01  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: new choons - just joined up

admin

Link?:  No link

a smaller user image might be good !   - nice grooves tho yes!   - nice crisp sound from lo-fi - do you eq your lo-fi with more top end prior to encoding?.. what encoder did you use for that ? overall a very tight sound.. digital mixer mebbe?

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 3/22                 Date: 15-Nov-01  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: new choons - just joined up

blacker

Thx... no special eq - I use Waves Ultramaximizer on the final MP3 file, that's all. Encoded in Sound Forge 5.0 using their encoder. I'm actually suprised that the stuff sounds as clear as it does - must be doing something right!

Hmmm... yes, that pisture will have to change.

Thanks again  

Message 4/22                 Date: 15-Nov-01  @  02:52 PM   -   RE: new choons - just joined up

blacker

Ahem, *picture*...

Oh yeah - all mixed in Logic Audio by the way, so yes, you could say a digital mixer.

Message 5/22                 Date: 15-Nov-01  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: new choons - just joined up

sensoniq

Link?:  Link

Hunted and Slowdown are cool tunes...I like the long intro. on slowdown, you have a good feeling for space.

How come you post everywhere except mp3.cum? Cause they suck?

Message 6/22                 Date: 15-Nov-01  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: new choons - just joined up

blacker

You got it...   I got fed up with MP3.com taking up to 5 weeks to get a track online, then there's all the cheesy pop-up ads, etc. I'm just a poor music producer (especially after shelling out for gear over the past couple of years), and paying $25 / mth to MP3.com is not a realistic option for me.

Thanks for the comments. I think I'm going to nose around here tonight and listen to a bunch of tunes methinks.

Message 7/22                 Date: 15-Nov-01  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: new choons - just joined up

mikec

Yeah, pretty good.

My thoughts: I found them a bit, for want of a better word, incidental.

Actually, maybe hypnotic is a better description. If that's the intention then great, no further comment.

If not then some variation on all those long repeating sections would be welcome. Not necessarily musically, just production-wise. Noises here and there, filter cut-off modulation etc.

Welcome to Dancetech.

MikeC

Message 8/22                 Date: 15-Nov-01  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: new choons - just joined up

blacker

Thanks for the comments Mike. These tracks were all produced a while ago - working on new stuff now that's on a different tangent. Will post some of these tracks soon-ish.

Message 9/22                 Date: 15-Nov-01  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: new choons - just joined up

bedwyr

i like no 5, cool. new picture's good too ;) but yeah, bit more variation would be good.

Message 10/22                 Date: 15-Nov-01  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: new choons - just joined up

Maarten

Listened to Hunter, like you drum programming there... and that bass coming in at +/- 1:30, nice spacey mood throughout the track.. no constructive criticism from me, sorry.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum