0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: 01v reboot loop

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18                 Date: 26-Oct-01  @  06:35 PM   -   01v reboot loop

0life0

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Alright, I have a Yamaha 01v digital mixer less than three years old, it has always worked fine exept for now: it keeps rebooting itself.
I thought it was a power failure at first but it turns out that its fine untill audio goes in, then it reboots .. I can leave it off for 30 sec, turn it on its fine, I can go have a bath come back its fine but as soon as I run audio in it will only last for about 10 sec before rebooting and that with only one ch coming in.

Is this a circuty problem in the power mainfarme? (trying to sound all pro

could it be that the A/D convertor on channel ch 1 (I'll try swaping them around) is overflowing in data and chooks a system path in the os? just a theroy, dunno if possible

or is this just a case of fuse replacement?.. just lie to me .. say yes please let it be a fuse

the first time this happen was when I was doing studio work about 4 hours away from my setup and had to drag the 01v down there, but it only happend twice, i was freeking out for a minute but then everything went back to normal after we changed to a difrent power outlet.. it's been fine for over a month now and reboot season again.. daamm..

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/18                 Date: 26-Oct-01  @  08:06 PM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

Brett B

Sounds like a power issue. May need a new power supply. If it were a fuse, it would blow and stay off. Unless it is an overload circuit as you mentioned. Take it to an autorized dealer. I have one too, and it's worth fixing profesionally, it's an o1v! when you moved it did you bang into anything?

Message 3/18                 Date: 26-Oct-01  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

influx

Link?:  Link

gremlins

Message 4/18                 Date: 27-Oct-01  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

k

Link?: Link

what is feeding this channel input test?.. mebbe it's shorting out the mixer?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/18                 Date: 27-Oct-01  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

OlifeO

cheers for the feedback fellas!! DT is always there for you   turns out that this is a problem with the power circuty, aperently some 01vs have this as they used dafter copoments in the power board in the later 01v production and some didn't hold up to well, I email yamaha at canada, the same day I get a call home, the yammy dude (joe) knew everything about the 01v (hell it sounded like he could build one out of some tin foil and gum) he said I could just ship him the unit and he'd personally make sure its fixed, updated to lates os w full cheek, make sure its done within 3 days and all on yamahas bill ... man talk about suport !!! big hands for Joe at Yammy Canada...(lets all chip in for a birthday cake for joe:P

Message 6/18                 Date: 28-Oct-01  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

milan

wow. sounds proppa.

say what, can i tell him my Promix is broken, and he can send me an 01v as a replacement?  

Message 7/18                 Date: 29-Oct-01  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

99devils

I've always had great luck with Yammy support.. Actually got a guy on the phone once to explain to me how to do something on the RM1X. They called me back at home even!!

-Craig

Message 8/18                 Date: 04-Nov-01  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

influx

wow! you make sure you tell them how much you appreciate that sort of thing. That's pretty rare!

theres a new OS for the O1v?

Message 9/18                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  03:14 PM     Edit: 05-Nov-01  |  03:14 PM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

99devils

I did tell them   Both on the phone and with my checkbook (CS1X, RM1X, 01V, DSP Factory and I'll probably get a UX256 at some point too).

-Craig

Message 10/18                 Date: 05-Nov-01  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: 01v reboot loop

influx

I was talking to 0life0 

are you 8life8 as well?

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum