0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: do you like me new chewn ?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  01:55 PM   -   do you like me new chewn ?

spamboy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just uploaded me latest chewn .. sounds a bit ropey at low bit rate but I like it .. will post a higher bitrate url if any of you monkeys are interested / bothered !!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/16                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: do you like me new chewn ?

Jack

Link?: Link

Good party jam!

Message 3/16                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: do you like me new chewn ?

sensoniq

Link?:  Link

Nice track...Definitely some groove there. I like your choice of sounds/samples, they blend well. Only thing is maybe try quantizing those lead synths a little stronger, or make them a bit less busy. I personally like unquantized, natural, humanistic rhythmic phrasing but they often work best as a special effect rather than the norm

Message 4/16                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  09:51 PM   -   RE: do you like me new chewn ?

marianimal

Nice fat juicy sounds.

Message 5/16                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  10:00 AM   -   RE: do you like me new chewn ?

spamboy

Cheers folk ! ...

I agree that the track is too busy in places (very difficult to stop yourself adding and adding parts don't you find ?) .. sounds Clear when I'm monitoring the munki - but my master never sounds anywhere near as clear as the original ?

Message 6/16                 Date: 26-Oct-01  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: do you like me new chewn ?

Deano

Link?:  Link

Very nice sounds and a good groove, but I reckon way too busy. It gets full-on pretty quickly then gets more full-on from then on. You could afford to make it a much slower build-up. Let the listener get used to each riff before you bring in the next one. You could have a cracking track then. I know it's hard when you've listened to something for the 50th time and you are getting bored with it.. you just want to keep adding more stuff. We have exactly the same problem. But the listener is not going to be hearing it for the 50th time in a row and will not be bored... honest. I think the drums sound a little to far down in the mix also, but that may be an MP3 thing.

Deano

Message 7/16                 Date: 27-Oct-01  @  02:54 PM     Edit: 27-Oct-01  |  02:55 PM   -   RE: do you like me new chewn ?

spamboy

Couldn't agree with you more there Deano .. The track is rather on the busy side (Drums sound alot better at higher bit rates (honest guv)) .. I'm going to tweak the mix and re-record (and potentially restructure the funster a bit more) .. I'm not a fan of long build ups though (nice in a club situation .. but not on a radio-friendly-unit-shifter) perhaps I don't get enuff ridlin ? (err.. drug for attention deficit disorder ?) or something ? ... Cheers by the way for the feedback .. much appreciated !!

Message 8/16                 Date: 28-Oct-01  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: do you like me new chewn ?

xoxos

nice track.. didn't seem too dense. i'm not discerning the 2nd and 4th word tho cos of the bandwidth. props!

Message 9/16                 Date: 29-Oct-01  @  08:19 AM   -   RE: do you like me new chewn ?

spamboy

Disco PUNK Sneaker FUNK (words stolen from http://www.jockeyslut.com and stuck into a suitable text to speach proggy !!)

Message 10/16                 Date: 29-Oct-01  @  11:16 AM   -   RE: do you like me new chewn ?

bedwyr

what text 2 speech u using, been looking for one ..

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum