0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: hi, it's been a long time

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/20                 Date: 13-Oct-01  @  02:09 PM   -   hi, it's been a long time

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

"my, your eyes are sadder now, it's understandable.. i'm amazed you spend your time keeping up all the cool"

sumpin to talk about. a melody i've been humming back and forth to work.. put the words together this week. 's crap i know.. i'm refusing to do anything serious until i can multitrack and get thnigs proper, so it's oh so slightly GM. just plugged the mic into the board.. vocal effort isn't proper either   but you can hear the song.

using a s/w sequencer is FUCKEN GREAT!! arranging??.. shiii...

afa as where it's at, the only serious patches are the hats and the snare.. snare's a killer patch.. all noisy and wibbly like eating hard biscuits.. but the actual architecture makes it super quiet for some reason so i can't get any power out of it (like anything else) multitimbrally.

an the 2nd repeat of 'take yourself a good look..' ought to be more bendy like the 4th which should be flat (they fit like that) an it should be 'at least i'd be someone..' not 'at least give you someone..' i think.

anyway this is the sorta stuf i do, in a simplified, runny format. so you can leave me alone now.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/20                 Date: 13-Oct-01  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: hi, it's been a long time

nothingnewhere

considering its just a sketch, its nice. needs a mix, i can bareley hear the vocals, etc. I'd like to hear it hi-fi.

Message 3/20                 Date: 16-Oct-01  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: hi, it's been a long time

bedwyr

xoxos, sort it out.   why isn't the vocal a proper effort? what is this laissez-faire attitude 'until i can multitrack'? ur onto something, turn that bass down, sort out your mids, compress that vocal, do it! (shit, am i talking to myself?)

Message 4/20                 Date: 16-Oct-01  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: hi, it's been a long time

dARKSTATe

Nope.. we're all watching you...

Message 5/20                 Date: 16-Oct-01  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: hi, it's been a long time

bedwyr

heh, no, it was more about my inability to finish something

Message 6/20                 Date: 16-Oct-01  @  09:59 PM     Edit: 16-Oct-01  |  11:29 PM   -   RE: hi, it's been a long time

xoxos

heh.. try that one then. 500k.. run of the mill analog for a joy electric fan who wants to buy a synth.. was gorna buy a ms2000 for $900 u.s.!!! i said 'no.' 'no.' 'no.'

what do you think of the timing in that one? go on.. the timing.. what do you think?? heh.. like a dagger in my heart..

well don't listen. it's not much at all.

that's the typical performance i get. running like 7 midi tracks, recording one stereo track. don't ask me what happened on this one. plus i can sing n' shit (ie. with real music and real patching an mixing with real neat stuff that will have you sitting up straight) when i want to. thing is i know i can and i don't particularly care about anything much. main motivating factor was just os it wouldn't be like 'xoxos hasn't put anything up in over a year!' cos i feel like k wouldn't appreciate me just being here to run off my pretty mouth, and to show someone who gave me their old sequencing s/w that i appreciate the gift.

when i get a new pc so i can hopefully get some performance, i'm gorna do my darndest to care. maybe that's why i don't right now.

yer stylin bedwyr   hopefully it'll be many years before i'm back in cymru tho.

Message 7/20                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  02:05 AM   -   RE: hi, it's been a long time

milan

Link?:  Link

xoxos, i just listened to the track. you´re bonkers mate  )

Message 8/20                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: hi, it's been a long time

xoxos

try the rest of them and you'll see just how bonkers  

Message 9/20                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  11:48 AM   -   RE: hi, it's been a long time

bedwyr

lol  ) ah, just listened to that link, 48"   & 1'00!!

ah, why did it stop? i just being doing a soundtrack thing for some animation, and the guy wanted an old-school 'computer music' type-a-thing, should have listened to this first!

i'm confused, was that u?

btw was using vsti 'quadrasid' which is the bomb for that sound

Message 10/20                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: hi, it's been a long time

xoxos

it's for the joy electric boards.. je=christian happyband that oscillates between an analog only/monosynth only philosophy. not big on jesu, but the music is loopy.

i'm fixin' it.. spent a few hours beefin' up the patches.. now my 3rd grade violinist sounds like a 3rd grade violinist not some weird hastily thrown in celloish thingy.. well i'll shut up and bring it when it's together.

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum