0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: my first online track!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/22                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  10:01 PM   -   my first online track!

the knowa (noah)

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey folks, I finally posted a track up here. Please listen and let ne know if you dig it. My music machine is not online, so big ups to DJ Inkognito who posted it for me.

It's a section from a track I did for a film called Brush, which isn't out yet. It's missing the first 3 and last 5 minutes do to file size issue. I was gonna put the full length hi-fi version at mp3.com and advertise here to piss off influx, but I don't like the feel of that site. It remnds of a credit card company. Anyway, enjoy and your comments are appreciated.--noah

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/22                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

influx

Link?:  Link

hehe. to piss off influx  no no no no NO. Im downloading it right now

Message 3/22                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

influx

hehe. whats up roni. or is it SUV? Die?

sorry but this just sounds way too much like them. But on the other hand that means youre spot on! maybe you should try one of those labels?

I dig the fills, tho. something those guys dont seem to bother with

Message 4/22                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  10:21 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

steve

Link?: Link

more of a hospital records or early dune vibe imo. What I heard of it was nice, but its encoded too high to stream properly for tramps like me still on dialup so it cuts out and rebuffers every 15-20 seconds or so.

I`d like to hear a 32kbps/22khz version please  

Message 5/22                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

Maarten

Have the feeling that someone is looking over my shoulder during the fist bit  good.
Love the beats man.... like the different samples you use inbetween the breaks, yup trippy stuff = good!

Message 6/22                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: my first online track!

the knowa

Link?:  No link

many thanks for the positive feedback. I still think that New Forms is the best electronic recording ever--it's the reason I bought a sampler--so the comparison is deeply, deeply gratifying. when I get a hi-fi version online I'll let everybody know. thanks to all those who answered my tech questions this past year and to kilo for putting it all together. theres one dude here who I always disagree with about political stuff (btw, sorry for some heated posts--this is not the appropriate medium for my ranting)--I think its formant--and last week, I promised give him a link to some music so we could enjoy some common ground. hope you're listeneing and liking it, formant.

one last thing--how does this sound at lo fi? I can only hear it on some crappy little computer speakers, and I'm wondering if there's some eq tips I should know about encoding mp3's and such, for future posts. thanks fellas.--noah

Message 7/22                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  01:22 AM   -   RE: my first online track!

milan

it sounds very good, actually.

only negative comment i´d have for you, is that it´s rather unoriginal- the beats sounds exactly like new forms. otherwise, well executed, i like all the different bits that come and go.

ahhh... there´s a half speed break, nice. well done. like it better than dnb part.

what can i say, i´m dissing you for doing a good but somewhat unoriginal track (its way too much like roni size for me). on the other hand, i dont know if i have accomplished even that much thus far. m.

Message 8/22                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  04:00 AM   -   RE: my first online track!

influx

yeah, that would have been my only complaint. Slightly too imitative. good sound. good arrangement. clever changes,. but just a little too close

I know you said you see that as a compliment, but...influence is one thing, and imitation another.

Message 9/22                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  05:54 AM   -   RE: my first online track!

k

yeah, nice track noah.. very nice   stick up a lower fi version mebbe. you do realise if you go into a users page/tracklist from a forum, if you click the track title you can d/load also from a link on the track_detail page that loads.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/22                 Date: 11-Oct-01  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: my first online track!

xoxos

there's this one type of music that makes me sick.. sorta like influx's style, but.. i dunno.. the feeling is different. influx has real energy.. but i hear all these tracks that are like bleeps and bloops and drumloops dropping in and out. sounds like someone throwing up after watching mid-90's u.s. television commercials for 100 years.

then again, every time i hear one of these tracks it's from some one looknig to make a living in the commercial music market.

i was scared to death i'd just downloaded one such track. however, the dispersion of ideas as the track progressed (like the scat at the end wondering how far you've wandered) and fresh tumults of sounds was nice   good luck with it!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum