0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Filter Funk

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  12:14 AM   -   Filter Funk

Sensoniq

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Check it out...This is the track I was talking about where I added the bandpass filter and sped it up by a hair...

I even decided to use a bit of the slower version in the intro. for a weird rhythmic contrast. Do you think it works? And do the bandpass breaks sound tight? Please let me know since this tune is very experimental for me

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: Filter Funk

xoxos

ooh masssive sound.. love that high part.. great break/filter followup. middle break i wanted a slam, not a buildup, but i've got biweekly appointments to help with that.

the lead wasn't hanging for me until near the end/after so many reps. may i suggest the application of an occasional delay? the reverb (in combination with the relaxedness in melodic form) made it seem a bit washed out.

aah i envy you. z1 is the center of my attention. i'm still coping with a 'gotta use _all_ the options on every patch' thing.

Message 3/13                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  11:32 AM     Edit: 10-Oct-01  |  11:32 AM   -   RE: Filter Funk

dARKSTATe

Damn fuckin' nice man.. your sound sure has evolved! Would like to hear this one in hi-fi played out loud somewhere with cute girls a groovin' and a moovin'...

Marc_D

Message 4/13                 Date: 10-Oct-01  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: Filter Funk

Maarten

Grooving is indeed the correct term here, do think the sound that comes in at 2:50 is a bit too loud on some notes though, or should I take these headphones off, or is it just me?
Nice tune!

Message 5/13                 Date: 12-Oct-01  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: Filter Funk

Sensoniq

Great advice, thanx peeps, glad you found it groovin'. I should beef up the delay on that lead part, and lower the volume of the resonant synth at 2:50...I will get to all this but I actually have a new track I just started last night that I'm psyched to get to, sorta like a drum n' bass experiment

Message 6/13                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  02:09 AM   -   RE: Filter Funk

milan

Link?:  Link

woohoo...great funky tune. wicked stuff you got there, with synth-following drum roll (is that what it is?). some wicked ideas mate. cant wait to hear the dnb track, it would be great if some of your melodic ideas carry over.

Message 7/13                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  08:21 AM   -   RE: Filter Funk

k

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/13                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: Filter Funk

knowa

yeah, man, cool, purely positive tune. can't be too specific about sound as I'm sneaking a listen at work (my only web access currently, which is why I rarely comment on tracks) before me boss arrives, but kinda gives me an 80's vibe in a good way. In fact, I'm imagining David Byrne singing things like "can't keep still/think my sandwich was an accident". successful experiment, no doubt.--knowa

Message 9/13                 Date: 17-Oct-01  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: Filter Funk

roller8

Cool track. Nice production. Got me moving here at my boring office!

Message 10/13                 Date: 19-Oct-01  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: Filter Funk

Sensoniq

Thanks guys, your comments mean a lot. It's weird how
my style is so 80's-ish, I get that a lot. It's not like I set
out to write 80's tunes or anything -- I never even really
liked 80's music to tell you the truth -- but that's just
what comes out. Anyway, I'm gonna post that d n'
b/indusrial-ish track when I get home later today...I don't
think that it's as 80's-ish as most of my stuff

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum