0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Creating ambient and ethereal

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 07-Oct-01  @  08:08 PM   -   Creating ambient and ethereal

Brett B

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

What plug-ins out there can i use to create layers of ambient ethereal pads and atmospheres. I want to take my pads and vocal samples and make nice atmospheres that are soft, hollow, but with lots of motion . I have tried delays with reverbs etc, but my delay,and reverb plugs are not cutting it. i have Waves gold bundle. Any suggestions on the use of standard fx to accomplish this would help, but i would prefer a single plug-in designed for long sustained reverbs with eq, and delay with wet and dry mix parameters.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  03:42 PM     Edit: 08-Oct-01  |  03:43 PM   -   RE: Creating ambient and ethereal

bedwyr

Link?: Link

try prosoniq pi-warp :

Frequency Warping SFX PlugIn for DirectX on the PC

--------------------------------------------------

This novel PlugIn equips your DirectX host application with a frequency
warping plug in that creates interesting special effects and atmospheres.
Used with strings and sustained sounds it creates dense ambient
atmospheres reminiscent of alien worlds or space ship ambiences that let
you create sonic landscapes for film or TV in an instant. Used with dry
vocal and drum sounds it creates interesting counter-melodies and alien
voice effects that are unique and useful for a wide variety of
experimental and contemporary music.

sounds right up your street!

Message 3/13                 Date: 08-Oct-01  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: Creating ambient and ethereal

Brett B

Link?:  No link

I remember trying to order it through their site a long time ago and it would not submit. I thought prosoniq went belly up? I'll try it out. Thanks. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Message 4/13                 Date: 09-Oct-01  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: Creating ambient and ethereal

Pongoid

Hyperprism.

Message 5/13                 Date: 14-Oct-01  @  03:19 AM   -   RE: Creating ambient and ethereal

GT

It's all about GRM Tools mate.

Message 6/13                 Date: 14-Oct-01  @  04:27 AM   -   RE: Creating ambient and ethereal

Brett B

I am using the hyperprism demo now. Nice granular stuff. I wish i could automate or remote control it in sonar though. GRM has that 4 delay thing. I have Reaktor, i just don't know how to use it as an fx precessor yet.

Message 7/13                 Date: 14-Oct-01  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Creating ambient and ethereal

Pongoid

spectral delay is pretty out of hand as well

Message 8/13                 Date: 21-Oct-01  @  01:41 AM   -   RE: Creating ambient and ethereal

k

yeah that GRM tools... definatly...!! for the uninitiated you get a load of filters which each can be stepped to do it's thing in time aginst the others... hmm...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/13                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: Creating ambient and ethereal

Brett B

I can't automate GRM in sonar though. It's automation does not work when wrapped like many other VST 2.0 plug-ins do. So , how do you step in time with the GRM tools? Or are you just refering to the fact that you can transition between presets smoothly, or use the joystick like dot thing to morph between filter setups. I love it, the spectral delay was a little complicated, I did'nt feel like investing time and money into it. It's worth another look though. The PI Warp is great for making those dark soundscapes. It pitch shifts and flanges with reverb to make some wierd sounds. I used it to make a dark growl that comes in in the intro of a new track i am working on, but also it is not automatable in dx8.0 apps, I doubt if there is an update planned. I hope so though.

Message 10/13                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Creating ambient and ethereal

k

which wrapper U using?... fxpansion?

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum