0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Defeat... check it.

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/17                 Date: 28-Sep-01  @  10:28 PM   -   Defeat... check it.

darin

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Yup - another direction for me. Check out Defeat. It's a long one, so be patient, it really develops and grooves along. The original relies heavily on a stereo spectrum, so some of the levels are a little knackered, but other than that, I'm happy with it. There is a sine-bass in there, dunno if you'll hear it, but it's there...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/17                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: Defeat... check it.

xoxos

i thought damballah covered this one with influx less than a week ago?

Message 3/17                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  12:37 AM   -   RE: Defeat... check it.

Matthew Potter

thats pretty dope man. I can sort of sense the sine bass, I bet it feels pretty nice out of a good pair of speakers.

Message 4/17                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  03:20 AM   -   RE: Defeat... check it.

influx

Link?:  Link

De Agony of De Feet.

what did damballah cover with me? no one talks to me. how could damblahblah have covered anything with me? its physically impossible since in actuality I am ethereal anyway.

Message 5/17                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  03:26 AM   -   RE: Defeat... check it.

influx

hey man! good shit! Im only listenin to the lofi cuz I just dont want to sit here for fuckin 1.5hrs waiting for that shit to DL

a little soft for me  but well thought out! I mean....VERY well thought out, my man! Im truly impressed. Sounds tight too. Drums are a little loud over here, and they sound kinda dry (the whole mix sounds a little dry to me but maybe thats the mono?)

that fill is DOPE. did you program that? Its almost...off, but fits right in there!

diggin this one, Darin

Message 6/17                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  07:12 AM   -   RE: Defeat... check it.

damballah

I'll get me hat and coat then.

Message 7/17                 Date: 29-Sep-01  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: Defeat... check it.

xoxos

the areas i generally feel lacking in your tracks are still evident to me in this one.. more 'incidental' noises (forget what jasper called them.. he had some funny word) and your phrasing feels restricted to me. in some tracks you really let loose with a nice bit of melodic phrasing, but often your sequences seem too much based on order, symmetry of form, ie. the same rhythmic signature used in different pitches. i guess you could say 'determined' but it feels slavish to me. seems like your tracks either have a mileu for that sense of liberation, or don't. usually they don't.

you've also got this thing for notchy, resonant leads.. with an envelope..

very nice programming. the intricacy and subtlety make the track and make me wonder just how defeated it is supposed to be.. probably sweeping in stereo. and the sub comes through nicely on my events (>49Hz.)

Message 8/17                 Date: 30-Sep-01  @  11:21 PM   -   RE: Defeat... check it.

Defector Z

Thanks for your thoughts and time. Damballah, not sure what you "covered" with Influx - I don't read every thread any more. :-(

Rurik - appreciate your thoughts. Yeah - I don't do too many bleeps and boings and such. I did use alot of effects (for me :-) but I think alot of it is lost in the conversion. As far as being determined...well, I'm not sure how to respond. Call it creative differences?

My wife suggested I lower the snare a bit - it does sound loud. Still a work in progress I guess.

Thanks for listening.

Influx - thanks for the kind words. I figured you'd like this one - seems up your alley. The fill is programmed - in Cubase (I don't compose on my RM1X anymore). Pretty simple actually, but it does sound off beat but then pulls itself back in nicely. I think that was an accident. :-)

Message 9/17                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  12:43 AM   -   RE: Defeat... check it.

influx

good accident

Message 10/17                 Date: 01-Oct-01  @  12:57 AM   -   RE: Defeat... check it.

xoxos

sure  

[Hey, so dont I win something?] - [View_user]
Web: no weblink
Date: 16-sep-01 - 09:12 pm
File?: no file added
"Smoke and Mirrors"...top of the charts here for WEEKS now!

I rule. too bad that one doesnt sound anything like I want it to 

thanks to all my fans out there. Oh, I just love you all so much and I couldnt have done it without you

no wheres my god damn green M&Ms and my imported spring water with just a HINT of lime dammit!!?!?!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[RE: Hey, so dont I win something?] - [unreg'd user]
Date: 16-sep-01 - 09:33 pm
hopefully you're as gracious in defeat as you are humble in victory. :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[RE: Hey, so dont I win something?] - [View_user]
Date: 17-sep-01 - 04:08 am
cheers!

Date: 17-sep-01 - 05:05 am
defeat? I see no defeat in the future

[RE: Hey, so dont I win something?] - [unreg'd user]
Date: 17-sep-01 - 05:07 am
dey're down at de end of de legs

Date: 17-sep-01 - 07:58 am

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum