0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: It never stops

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/39                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  04:14 AM   -   It never stops

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How do you know when to stop ...I mean is a track really ever finished ...anyway here is the third edit of Iniquity.....Thanks ya'll for the help and advice.....I actually think this is done now but as usual coments and suggestions are apperciated.......The bass gets lost in the lofi so you'll have to take my word for it there is some serious bass in this version....I dig it
peace to you all
Yonce

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/39                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  04:48 AM   -   RE: It never stops

damballah

Link?:  Link

you can either work on something forever or let it reach its final stage of incompletion

Message 3/39                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  05:02 AM   -   RE: It never stops

eight way buddha

when to stop? hmmm, hopefully some day that decision will come easily to me also.

take a lil break from hearing the song for a wile and if you can sit back and say, hell yeah she's the one! hopefully shes the one, otherwise there's always remixes.  

what sucks is when you ride a song to long, and it becomes over wieght. but still usually if you sit back and not listen to the tune for a wile you can pick up on that too when hearing it again.
then just prioritize and drop the excess.

hope i was some what of a help.

nice track by the way.  

Message 4/39                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: It never stops

Yonce N Mild

Thats kinda what I did with this track.... I took about 2 weeks break and started working on some new stuff while working on a new track I got some inspiration for Iniquity and worked for like 4hrs straight and wipped up a new mix......I still could tweak it forever.......let it reach it's final stage of incompletion......I like that

Message 5/39                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: It never stops

influx

when I get my studio back up I am going to go VERY simple. VERY VERY simple, and just write the track...

gonna try to make it 3 days from start to finish. work on the arrangement get it all down then take it to the studio to be mixed. I think Ive decided to give up on the home engineering part. I have friends that can make it sound that much better than I can.

I tend to try to MIX while Im WRITING and its become quite clear that doing so makes it take that much longer.

but...you could rework the same song for...well...forever and never have it done, but personally Ive finally gotten to the point when I feel like "I dont need or want to add anymore to this song" and I just let it go.

Message 6/39                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: It never stops

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Influx..

Write the music..

Mix the track..

Master that sucker..

Then turn your back...

Marc_D

Message 7/39                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: It never stops

influx

right...but Im thinkin I might eliminate step 2. Let someone else mix it

Id be there, but...

Message 8/39                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: It never stops

panama

influx: yea, good thinking man... I normally give myself about 3 or 4 days to write a tune, and then I'm done. I don't mix while I write. But I do throw a little compression on, and maybe get some of the frequencies straighten'd out... But overall, I do all the writting for about 3 or 4 days with little mixing...

I dunno if you should get other people to mix your track... b/c the whole purpose of mixing is to mix... This is where half of your creativity lies, in effects and so on... I might think you would want to get someone to master a track for ya, but mixing is a key signature for tones and sounds for an artist.

Message 9/39                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  10:43 PM   -   RE: It never stops

influx

uh...panama...how many people on released music actually mixed their own shit?

less than half Id guess. Thing is...I have access to three VERY nice studios. I would be able to sit in on the session. It wouldnt be just me handing them audio and saying "here mix this"

and on top of that..when i tracked stuff I would track the FX that I absolutely had to have.

I think I have it figgered out tho

Message 10/39                 Date: 17-Sep-01  @  11:20 PM   -   RE: It never stops

milan

hmm... i´m pretty sure that the majority of people in 'underground' dance music either mix their own tunes, or are working closely with someone who does it for them. i know that all of my favourite producers do it themselves.

though, it might happen that they have all the gear they need, what with being in the scene for ages and all...

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum