0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ++ good idea?? ++

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21                 Date: 31-Aug-01  @  03:28 PM   -   ++ good idea?? ++

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

what about adding a 'vote' ability to tracks like on other music sites which links to a chart for viewers vote music-tracks chart ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/21                 Date: 31-Aug-01  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

xoxos

if you did it'd be fair to have it as 'x' out of 'y' listens displayed so mrs. zap and trancelord303 don't sit at the top forever. negging the prime cuts scheme?

..if you're loonig for somethnig to do, i tried playing the .ra file on a gear review (for the mirage   and it loaded dancetech.com inside the frame where 'samplers' was.. so i had two big 'dancetech' headers on my screen.

Message 3/21                 Date: 31-Aug-01  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

k

ah yes, thats cos the audio file is missing - we set up the site so that anyone links to a missing page inside the domain it loads the site for bad linked pages out there on the www - i guess that file got lost when we changed server. Alot of the old demo audio files were lost forever cos the old server was removed when the old company i owrked for changed hands and that data was lost sadly - i didnt make that mirage demo & cant remember who did make it.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/21                 Date: 31-Aug-01  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

k

sorry xoxos - how dyou mean "'x' out of 'y' listens " ?

if we did it, then each track page would have a VOTE button and they would be totted up each time they were voted for - the chart would have a totaliser and stck 'em in order - what's the method you mean ??

Message 5/21                 Date: 31-Aug-01  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

0/d

Link?:  Link

but would trancelord303 bother if he was going to get no money out of it?

Message 6/21                 Date: 31-Aug-01  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

Jasper

Link?:  No link

Great idea! But make it able to add a small comment, so if someone decides to 0 a track they have to say why also.

Message 7/21                 Date: 31-Aug-01  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

k

er..... but that wont show on a chart will it... ok, so trancelord303 aint gonna vote for pay fine - it'll be just for readers to say if they think it's cool or not, i wasn't thinking of having like a marks out of 5 vote, just a choice to vote or not, and they get totalled and charted in order by number of votes.

Message 8/21                 Date: 31-Aug-01  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

TRANCELORD303

GIVE ME A SYSTEM AND I WILL MANIPULATE IT TO MY OWN BENEFIT.

AND, UH, LIKE, PLUR...

Message 9/21                 Date: 01-Sep-01  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

Jasper

Link?:  No link

ah ok, see what you mean. on the old smoke tonight and all that.

Message 10/21                 Date: 01-Sep-01  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: ++ good idea?? ++

xoxos

it was me! me! i did it! not sure which track (biology? chunky techno) but i can set you up with a mirage demo for sure. anthologising a disc named 'mirage' now as a matter of fact.. needed a piccie of one for the cover = why i was there.

i mean like you know if someone's got 0 votes, is that 0 votes out of 0 listens or 0 votes out of 100 listens, gives a bit of insight as to how 'warranted' the score is. or maybe do it as an approval percentage.. let's do a pie graph!!

and.. you know? to be ridiculous.. it'd also be kinda interesting if there were two scores.. one rating by other people who make music, and one rating by infidels.. err.. fans or whatever.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum