0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Advice taken

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/20                 Date: 21-Aug-01  @  11:00 PM   -   Advice taken

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

whats up ya'll i have taken all of your helpful advice and applied it to my track I just updated it and I hope you all will enjoy as usual feedback/constructive critisim is greatly appreciated.......The hats are kinda lost in the lofi and the kick is kinda fuzzy but you'll get the point....peace....Yonce

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/20                 Date: 21-Aug-01  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: Advice taken

Jasper

The snare is much better now as is the flow. Can't really comment on the mix cos of the lo-fi effect. But it's looking good  

Maybe you could work on some linking techniques to spice it up (sorry but I'm a sucker for a nice link) but it's not essential at this stage of learning is it.

Like it though, I can hear all your ideas working at this stage.. funny that, sort of takes me back.

keep it up.

Message 3/20                 Date: 21-Aug-01  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: Advice taken

influx

Link?:  Link

jasper...linking techniques? explain?

Message 4/20                 Date: 21-Aug-01  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: Advice taken

Jasper

I don't know what they call them in the trade, but you know the stuff that introduces a new bar without your typical volume fade or just dropping a sound in. Like the odd reverse sound and a skippy beat to break up a 4/4 beat or suddenly filtering the whole track with loads of resonance then sucking it back in at the last second. just to wake up a dancefloor that's tranced out sort of thing. dunno, call it a bridge maybe? or a sucky-stop.. no, don't call it that ;)

Message 5/20                 Date: 22-Aug-01  @  12:08 AM   -   RE: Advice taken

damballah

maybe 'transitions'

Message 6/20                 Date: 22-Aug-01  @  12:57 AM   -   RE: Advice taken

you just split my pint

I call them "Dave". Also I sometimes call them "Barry".

Message 7/20                 Date: 22-Aug-01  @  02:47 AM   -   RE: Advice taken

influx

I know a guy named Dave Barry

and..I call them changes. Personally I feel that is one of my strongpoints 

but..back when I was a hessian playin in a thrashmetal band...that was one of the most impressive aspects of other peoples music to us. we would sit and admire the "changes" they made...a perfect signal that something else is coming, but sometimes so subtle and craftily done it was just...WOW!!!

so yeah, linking techniques 

Message 8/20                 Date: 22-Aug-01  @  03:06 AM   -   RE: Advice taken

damballah

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

hessians playing thrashmetal get these. especially hessians who are good at sucky-stops. why'd you quit.

Message 9/20                 Date: 22-Aug-01  @  05:26 AM   -   RE: Advice taken

damballah

ok, I got a little silly in your thread, Yonce, so I figured I'd better give it a listen. it lurches or something a bit. had trouble with the groove part of it. dunno if you intended it or not, but something about it didn't gel to me.

Message 10/20                 Date: 22-Aug-01  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: Advice taken

xoxos

Link?: Link

i think i'm going to be sick.

not you yonce&..

i was begging for something other than the 303 thing.. anything with a pitch.. didn't need to be like a melody or an arpeggio, even if you just took some old synth patch and put a pitch envelope for some slides or zoops. course you might have done that because i timed out 2/3 thru. i'm not familiar with a lot of 'just one 303' music, but one note, and saturation thereof ain't doing it for me.

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum