0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: help me out with feedback?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/17                 Date: 20-Aug-01  @  05:29 PM   -   help me out with feedback?

kdanger

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi guys,

I would greatly appreciate some feedback on this big beat track before it is complete. It is about 65% done and I want to get some feedback so I know what aspects to change and not to change. I want it to be as powerful and hard as possible. It's about 3.5 MB and you can download it off my ftp://plazmahaus.com/pub/ folder. It wont stream from there so you'd have to download. Thanks.

K

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/17                 Date: 20-Aug-01  @  05:32 PM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

kdanger

Link?:  No link

Oh by the way, you can't have http: before the ftp or you won't be able to see the page. That happens when you click on the link under my name. Just get rid of the http: Thanks.

k

Message 3/17                 Date: 20-Aug-01  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

influx

Link?:  Link

yet again another person expecting people to go out of their way

look, Kilo went through a LOT of trouble so we could use THIS site to post tracks for feedback. 99% of us do so, HERE. the others get ignored by most.

encode it at a low bandwidth and put it here, man. sound good?

Message 4/17                 Date: 20-Aug-01  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

k blondin

Yeah I understand you totally. I don't "expect" hardly any feedback because of the lage size of the file. I've done this a few times on different sites and had good results through email feedback. It's just that I'd rather have one persons comments on the full bandwidth version than several comments on something that sounds like AM radio. No offense to Kilo's site either. I'm not visting here to start an argument over bandwidth. For anyone that is not interested (just about everyone) just ignore it and the thread will die peacefully.  

Message 5/17                 Date: 20-Aug-01  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

influx

yeah, but...

isnt it sorta arrogant to say "my track is too good to put in lofi"? I mean REALLY

ALL of em sound rather poor lofi, so its an even playing field. we all lose our stereo effects, all that shit

I thought the point was to get people to hear it. guess not.

Message 6/17                 Date: 20-Aug-01  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

k blondin

Look Influx, I didn't say "my track is too good to put in lofi" and besides I think it would sound better in lofi. Your comments are very argumentative and non-constructive. And I've been through all of this before.

I think lofi is great for getting an idea of the arrangement and feel as well as getting heard by many. When it comes to critical techniques of mastering, I'd say a 128kbps is minimal. I'm not looking for a big audience. Just one ambitious person to download the file and say whatever.

Please if your going to respond to this thread, make some nice comments about studio technique.

Here's a start: This track has been arranged in Acid 2.0. It was compressed using Waves C4 multiband. I rolled the sub end off to eliminate unnecessary bass frequencies. The final stage was the Waves Ultramaximizer. I think that I will have to make it about 5 dB higher in average volume on the final master. There's perhaps too much high sheen right now so it needs some warmth.

The arrangement will be different also. I accidentally put the chorus before the first verse so it jumps a little too far to fast. There will be some singing in the middle of the track which will provide the core with something more substantial. The stereo field needs some widening maybe.

k

Message 7/17                 Date: 20-Aug-01  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

panama

blah, I an't listening. put it up here.

Message 8/17                 Date: 20-Aug-01  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

k blondin

okay okay. I'll put up a normal here but I'd still like someone with good ears to grab the big one and help me figure out the high frequency biz. Give me a second to figure out how this is done...

Message 9/17                 Date: 20-Aug-01  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

influx

haha. youre takin me way too seriously and reading way too much into it

fuckin panama 

anyway...to be honest...with all that you just mentioned, it sounds like you pretty much got a handle on the engineering aspect? I bet you could tell yourself if the mix is good enough.

have you no one around you to listen in person? I know that happens in some areas. Im lucky enough to have some trained ears to run stuff by (altho I suspect that they arent always totally honest which irks me to no end)

anyway...if you did want to put it up here, just encode it at 22hz mono, 28k bandwidth and throw it up. its pretty easy (or, it has been for me)

I didnt say you said your stuff was too good, but plenty of people have and I find it amusing.

Message 10/17                 Date: 21-Aug-01  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: help me out with feedback?

panama

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

I would suggest getting a second pair of
monitors. After my grass grows, and I sell a
bag... I'm gonna get me a second pair of
monitors. Right now I got one pair... some
beamy ass TOA'S WITH A HEAVY MID RANGE.
THESE FUCKERS WILL DISCRETELY MAKE
THE MID RANGE SOUND PERFECT. BUT ITS
TOO DAMN BEAMY. I NEED A PAIR THAT
SHOWS THE TOP END PERFECTLY...

OR, YOU COULD PROLLY PUT DOWN THE
TUNE FOR A MONTH, AND COME BACK AND
LISTEN. THIS IS GOOD...

fuck, am i too lazy to throw off the caps?

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum