0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: trouble with my new syntechno

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/39                 Date: 12-Jul-01  @  09:59 PM   -   trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

just arrive today, and the power light is out. It plays, but the cutoff know makes filter distorion noise when the fdecay is applied at any level. It is a very noticble zipery crackle if you try and tweek the cutoff when any amount of decay is applied. Do you think is my unit or is that charaacteristic of these units. I can't hear this present in their demos , so i think this unit is ground bad or something. I tried changing power supplies but to no avail. I think i am going to have to return it.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/39                 Date: 16-Jul-01  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

k

Link?: Link

that doesnt sound right.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/39                 Date: 16-Jul-01  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

Link?:  No link

Rob from syntechno said that they all make a zippery noise do to the digital potentiometer in an analog resonance circuit. But I am sending him samples to see if mine is more than usual.

Message 4/39                 Date: 17-Jul-01  @  02:55 AM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

8life8

Link?:  No link

hmmm I have one and I love it, no weird noises or anything.. a very quiet unit and a spot on 303, like k said it doesn't sound right .. these things have like a year warranty so yhea try to get a new one, mine did once spit out this wierd charagteristic tone, sounded kida fuked but I liked it  .. then it went back to normal and I was like damm ..

Message 5/39                 Date: 17-Jul-01  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

I made an 81k mp3 to show this issue, but the system will not accept it.

Message 6/39                 Date: 17-Jul-01  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

k

you mean to add it to the forum with a post?.. what error you getting..?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/39                 Date: 17-Jul-01  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

Error processing CFFILE tag

The MIME type of the uploaded file (audio/mpeg) was not accepted by the server. Please verify that you are uploading a file of the appropriate type.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFFILE), occupying document position (1:1) to (8:28).

Date/Time: 07/17/01 20:20:24
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 98)
Remote Address: 24.240.233.172
HTTP Referer: http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/forums/thread.cfm?threadid=25769&messages=6&chatter_id=23&age=30
Query String: Title=&Age=30

Message 8/39                 Date: 17-Jul-01  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

i sent the teebee back. he said he has another one. Kind of a let down though. I have always wanted a 303 but could never afford one, and i hate working without midi. So for over two years now i have waited to buy one of these. I'll be very disappointed if I don't get a new working unit. Plus I have paid for shipping twice now. They are both very nice, Rob at syntechno, and Nathan at jupiter sound. So i am not complaining about that, just my bad luck.

Message 9/39                 Date: 18-Jul-01  @  06:33 AM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

k

ok it's fixed anyways to take mpeg files

Message 10/39                 Date: 18-Jul-01  @  08:09 AM   -   RE: trouble with my new syntechno

Brett B

File?:  File

zipper.mp3

well here is the funky zipper noise

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum