0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19                 Date: 30-May-01  @  12:29 AM   -   EOS 4.6 - shit update !

Laurent.ash

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey freaks !

Recently Emu has posted the new EOS 4.6 system for E4 ultras with or without RFX cards.
Curious to see what's going on with this new update, i try to update my E6400 Ultra yesterday.
I updates first the flash with Flashprep, and then reboot to update EOS 4.10 with the new EOS 4.6
everything was working well, until i reboot the sampler to launch the new OS...
I see only the EMU logo, and nothing happened... no OS, no menus ASO.
(I must precise that i don't have the RFX card, but would like to get the new import ASR disk attached with EOS 4.6)
I redo the whole operation, reboot the sampler and the same thing happend a second time.
I try to load the Mac update (because i got a Mac too) and the same thing happened !
Does anyone having an Ultra without RFX obtain the same results ???
So i had to go back to EOS 4.10...
What's this shit from Emu ??? They precise of course that the system is working on RFX models or non RFX.
sorry, but shit update guys !

Dr. Funkenstein.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/19                 Date: 30-May-01  @  01:23 AM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

seenull

Heheheh, lots about this on the E-mu mailing list. This seems to be the best answer:

Don't pay attention to the shrinkwrap warning, make your floppies with Diskcopy then

1. Power up your E-mu with the flashprep disk inserted;
2. When prompted something like "update flash?" press Enter;
3. When prompted "save flash to floppy?" turn off the power;
4. Insert the EOS 4.6 disk and power up;
5. After seeing the message "OS found on the disk, load the OS?" press
Enter;
6. Wait until E-mu finishes loading and prompts "valid OS has been loaded,
burn to flash?" then press Enter;
7. Initialize EEPROM and recalibrate.

Alternately, join the list here: http://www.musaic.net/emulator/list/

Hope this helps, haven't been able to try it myself yet.

Message 3/19                 Date: 02-Jun-01  @  05:14 AM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

Laurent.ash

Thanks !
don't know if it will help me... but i'm gonna try tomorow.

Message 4/19                 Date: 04-Jun-01  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

influx

Link?:  Link

how fucking encouraging! funny..for a company that makes such great products they sure can be shit on customer service

Message 5/19                 Date: 05-Jun-01  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

k

Link?: Link

well thats probably cos they were absorbed into Creative company. Theyve probably got 'Team Leaders' and stuff now - ha ha hah

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/19                 Date: 06-Jun-01  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

infrasound

Link?: Link

judging by the documentation over a emu the update adds pretty much nothing for those without the rfx anyway.

Nay mind, emu are still doing it imo, just a shame they have to do what they do to survive really.

Message 7/19                 Date: 06-Jun-01  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

Nando

The details of how to do this are on E-mu's website once you enter your name and email address in the form. They recommend printing out the instructions and following them. There is info there on this specific message.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Of course many of the features in this upgrade are there to sell the RFX board, that only makes sense. Calling it a sh*t upgrade just because you can't follow instructions is unjustified.

There are a few features and bug-fixes in there that are for RFX and non-RFX users. You guys need to get a life if all you're doing is complaining about E-mu here. They've provided a useful upgrade just on the ASR importing feature alone. You can't expect them to do miracles necessarily. They've been supporting the E4 platform since 1994 which is longer than many manufacturers.

Regards,
fv

Message 8/19                 Date: 07-Jun-01  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

influx

Link?:  Link

hah. YOU GUYS NEED TO GET A LIFE he says.

oh well. I wasnt even fucking with the update thing..just commenting on it. 4.1 works fine for me

Message 9/19                 Date: 10-Jun-01  @  11:42 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

Laurent.ash

Sorry FV, but it doesn't work on my sampler, i read carefully the instructions and do it as it it written in the doc on emu website's...
No 4.6 and 4.61, so what's going on ? is that a special update for special users ? ;))
Emu logo and nothing more... i do have to say shit update...
I do house music... wanted to know when Emu is gonna put a sample start adress in the preset menu ? every sampler on the market got this function but not the E4... that's a shame to.

Message 10/19                 Date: 11-Jun-01  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

Nando

Hi,

I really had no problems with it. Many people on the E-mu list at Yahoo-groups also had no problems getting it installed. Just because you guys had problems installing it doesn't necessarily mean that it is a shit update.

You guys crying "wa-a-h" just because you're having problems is why I made the comment "get a life". Okay, you're having problems installing it. That's fine. Ask for help rather than "shit update, shit company, shit this, shit that". Come on, grow up.

Anyway, Laurent.ash@@libertysurf.fr:
The reason you see 4.61 on E-mu's site is because they released an update to EOS 4.60 which fixes 2 bugs from EOS 4.6. One bug had to do with not loading up multi's saved as Multi 000 in EOS 4.5 (it only affected RFX users). The other bug was one that E-mu hadn't completed fixed (although they thought they had) in relation to the ASCII keyboard.

Did you create an EOS 4.61 disk as well as the FlashPrep disk? When you power up after the Flash Prep disk, you need to have the EOS 4.61 disk in the floppy drive. It will come up with a similar screen to the flash prep one asking if you want to install EOS 4.61. Press Enter, it will load up the OS and you will then be prompted to save it to flash. Press Enter.

That's all there is to it. I loaded up it up the other day without a hitch. Good luck,
fv

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum