0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: yam 01v versus yam 03d

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/45                 Date: 10-May-01  @  03:20 PM   -   yam 01v versus yam 03d

Johan_wuyts

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi there,

I am planning to buy a digital mixer for mixing synths, drums and samples. The digital inputs are not important for me. I can buy a used 03d for the same price as a new 01v.

I've heard that the fx is better on the 01v. And i know you can connect a mouse to the 03d for more ease in use. Does someone know the main differences between the 01v and the 03d?

Many thanks for any reply,

Grts, johan

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/45                 Date: 10-May-01  @  04:44 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

99devils

Link?: Link

I don't know that much about the 03D, but from what I do know, the 03D has more inputs and outputs, and more I/O options. Looking over the materials on yamaha's site, it looks like the FX sections are the same in both mixers.

-Craig

Message 3/45                 Date: 10-May-01  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

j-type

the 03D has a built-in mix sequencer, and can handle surround mixing. Also offers more dynamics options I think (buss compression etc.} Be aware it takes different option cards to the 01V (more expensive)

Message 4/45                 Date: 10-May-01  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

gb

Link?:  Link

The 01v certainly doesn't need a mouse. If the 03d does it must be very different.

Message 5/45                 Date: 10-May-01  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

Johan_wuyts

Thanks for your reactions,

The extra 2 analog in and the dynamics are not realy wurth the extra risk of buying a used mixer for me. I will need the extra 8 analog in anyway. The build in sequencer is something i'll think i will never use. B.t.w. what is surround mixing?

If these are the main differences its still a bit strange that a new 03d costs $2850 and a new 01v costs $1675 where i am from.

If someone knows more pros or cons from either mixers please let me know.

grts johan

Message 6/45                 Date: 11-May-01  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

99devils

Link?: Link

I think the 03D is also more configurable in terms of what kinds of inputs it can accept. For example, the 01V can only accept 8 channels of ADAT in each direction, while the 03D can accept more (I'm not positive on this though).

Where's MikeC when you need him, eh?

-Craig

Message 7/45                 Date: 12-May-01  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

gb

The 01v only has room for one plugin card, which is a rather stupid limitation. I use the adat option and thus there's no way for me to have more than 16 analog ins on each 01v.Don't know about the 03d, but it's probably better ?

Message 8/45                 Date: 12-May-01  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

j-type

no its just the 1 card on the 03D too! And they cost more than the 01V cards.

And if you want to cascade 2 03Ds it costs several hundred £££ for the cascade kit, if you want to cascade 2 01Vs its just the price of a serial cable :-)

the 03D does come with more pro connections round the back like wordclock i/o, stereo digital i/o on both XLR and coaxial, inserts on channels 1&2, 4 aux outs AND 4 sub outs - on the 01V you just have 4 assignable omni outs unless you get an optional card. I'm sure it talks to video editing equipment as well.

Message 9/45                 Date: 12-May-01  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

influx

gb..."...on EACH O1v?" meaning you have more than one?

what do you guys write...fuckin orchestral pieces?

Message 10/45                 Date: 12-May-01  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: yam 01v versus yam 03d

gb

hee hee hee, influx.

Yeah, I've got two. I use one for drums and one for the other stuff. Guess I'm just lazy.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 45 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum