0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Big Beat Patterns

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14                 Date: 26-Apr-01  @  01:28 AM   -   Big Beat Patterns

jrlewis2

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Could somebody please share some big beat drum patterns? I am somewhat lost on how to program them.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/14                 Date: 26-Apr-01  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: Big Beat Patterns

k

Link?: Link

post one or two of your sup then in a zip file (just browse and add the zip with the post on the forum... we'll take a look - actuaslly it should accept a .mid file anyways without zipping it up.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/14                 Date: 28-Apr-01  @  11:16 PM   -   RE: Big Beat Patterns

infrasound

big beat patterns are just hiphop beats block party style tho right? Prolly best to just buy some breaks records from a hiphop shop and leanr that way.

Message 4/14                 Date: 30-Apr-01  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: Big Beat Patterns

k

reply drum test (no grid)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/14                 Date: 30-Apr-01  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: Big Beat Patterns

k

BEATS 1 0 0 0  |  2 0 0 0  |  3 0 0 0  |  4 0 0 0
kik 1 0 0 0  |  0 0 1 0  |  0 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0
hat 1 0 1 0  |  1 0 1 0  |  1 0 1 0  |  0 0 1 1
hit 0 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0  |  0 0 1 0  |  1 0 0 0

test reply with grid

Message 6/14                 Date: 30-Apr-01  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Big Beat Patterns

k

File?:  File

3_timer_base.mid

test with file (no grid)

Message 7/14                 Date: 30-Apr-01  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: Big Beat Patterns

k

File?:  File

Copy_3_timer_base.mid

BEATS 1 0 0 0  |  2 0 0 0  |  3 0 0 0  |  4 0 0 0
kiki 1 0 0 0  |  0 0 1 0  |  0 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0
hat 1 0 1 0  |  1 0 1 0  |  1 0 1 0  |  1 0 1 1
snare 0 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0  |  0 0 1 0  |  1 0 0 0

test reply file & grid

Message 8/14                 Date: 09-Jul-01  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: Big Beat Patterns

deelan

there's a nice big beat tutorial in future music webiste. the link is above...

cheers

Message 9/14                 Date: 10-Jul-01  @  03:14 AM   -   RE: Big Beat Patterns

k

well i hope it's better than their 'how to make hardhouse' tutorial... heh heh  

well i had a look but where are the patterns he refers to all the time? - seems pointless without it/them (the patterns refered to)

Message 10/14                 Date: 10-Jul-01  @  03:26 AM   -   RE: Big Beat Patterns

k

the trick to big beat with samples is they always sound to static, not flowing... when a drummer plays beats , well, when I play beats on a kit, i usualy 'trail' the snare - that is, when i do a snare rimshot/beat i let the snare hand relax after the strike to create rythmic offbeat grace notes syncopating with the hi-hat... you can get these grace notes by using a rhythmic delay with a short decay.. it's way quicker than faffing about with samples in the sampler trying to create those subtle trailing notes, it's instant...

another BIG tip.. MDA MAXIM 'COMBO' plugin - (it's free and it's in the dancetech SAMPLES/FILES section - just search for: 'VST' and find the MDA stuff on the list.

Also the older drummers (in the old days), didnt used to pad their kik drums and the recording stages were more live... there's a tip... try to imitate the stereo overheads, you'll think of a way if you think about what they are & what they record... Listen to John Lane from The Comets (Bill Haley) - awesome !!... try a track like 'Caravan' - Buddy Rich of course is well worth a listen... analyse the sound - ambience on the kiks, they didnt have mic's with the required spl to mic a kik inside the drum then i think...

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum