0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: I'm on a roll!!!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15                 Date: 15-Apr-01  @  02:05 AM   -   I'm on a roll!!!

sitar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Got another track up....One Summer Night. Don't let the pop thing scare ya  

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/15                 Date: 15-Apr-01  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: I'm on a roll!!!

8life8

Link?:  No link

!!your shit rocks man.. very fresh vibes ..!!

Message 3/15                 Date: 15-Apr-01  @  03:16 AM   -   RE: I'm on a roll!!!

PointBeing

Link?: Link

i'd redo the drums if i were you.. but i'm not, so i won't. this isnt as polished as it could be and you know that, i mean it feels great to finish a track, but just make sure you have everything and best as it can be. nice melodies, and i like the sounds.. i'd fill out the mix a lil with some more ambient sounds, but i have no idea what the actual sound quality is so who the fuck am i to give you advice about that? yea i like your melodies, but hate the drums in this one.. just my lame opinion..

listen to coldcut's bits + peices. good song. that is how to do funky drums, okay?   i'd really like to hear some of your pads and chord sounds at cd quality, the sound like they would be great.

aaron

Message 4/15                 Date: 15-Apr-01  @  03:49 AM   -   RE: I'm on a roll!!!

sitar

Thanks guys. I'm not happy with the some of the drums but I'll work it out. More ambient sounds. I don't know. I threw several out. My first track using Sonar and wanted to get it up. Thanks for thinking I could do better aaron in spite of my drummer jokes :P

8life8...Glad you enjoyed it. I listen to Orbital a great deal. They keep regenerating.

Message 5/15                 Date: 15-Apr-01  @  04:40 AM   -   RE: I'm on a roll!!!

sitar

Thought I should mention 8life8, Orbital's stuff is outside the exosphere IMO. Don't take it that I'm saying my stuff is there. It's just that their music inspires me to try and think up new things. Sort of a disclaimer in their interests I guess  

Thanks again guys.

Message 6/15                 Date: 15-Apr-01  @  06:53 AM   -   RE: I'm on a roll!!!

nothingnewhere

i really like it. drums seem alright mostly. not much i can say, sounds done to me, with my limited perspective atleast... wish i could hear it in stereo/44khz.

doesnt *really* have anything to do with this track, but I cant stand those ahh sounds that really sound alot like ahh's know what i mean? Just me I guess.

Message 7/15                 Date: 15-Apr-01  @  08:09 AM   -   RE: I'm on a roll!!!

Espoo2

Link?:  No link

I dig it, sitar.
Nice sounds.

Did you ever get my email, about those voices you needed?

Message 8/15                 Date: 15-Apr-01  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: I'm on a roll!!!

influx

aaron...man...for someone who so values approval from other people you sure seem unsatisfiable. It seems VERY rare for you to say anything positive about peoples music.

why not let them do what they do, and you do what you do, and if you ARE going to comment how about leaving the words hate and dislike OUT, and focusing on structure, etc. Sitar knows what hes doing, more than most of the people here, and if the drums sound like they do then its likely he WANTED them that way, ya think?

seriously kid...you think IM the one thats overcritical? think about it. "I hate the drums"...wtf?

Message 9/15                 Date: 15-Apr-01  @  01:52 PM   -   RE: I'm on a roll!!!

sitar

Thanks for listening guys.

Nothingnewhere, I understand what you're saying. The vocals are all done by the fs1r. If I don't give it credit, it throws a tantrum.

Espoo, I did recieve your email. I'm sorry. I thought I sent you one back. I've been so backed up with things it's ridiculous. Now I'm back on my work shift and will be out of the loop until Thursday. Haven't forgotten though.

INFLUX! Thanx for coming to my rescue! But I'm OK with aaron's comments. The thing I worked the most on is the rez line that comes in about halfway. Was fun if anyone wants to know how I did it. Rez from Underworld's "Everything Everything" inspired me to figure a way to do it.

I first came to DT 21 months ago. I certainly brought a bag of knowledge with me but I've learned 200% of what I know about dancemusic from you bunch of scoundrels. Not to mention the encyclopedic info and tutorials that k has put together here. Mind boggling really. How to build your own speakers or how to hang speakers from chains in your studio??? Damn. If you can't find it here, it probably doesn't exist.

Anyways, I think posting a track, or listening to tracks here is probably the best thing you can do because everyone here has knowledge about how to get tracks to shine.

BTW, I took the reverb out because when I bounced to mono it became too much. Don't know why. So the sounds are a little flat. I do that thing where I decide on the right type of reverb for the mix, turn up the wet so I can barely here it and then pull it back a notch so I know it's there but can't here it. You can still tell the difference at that point when you click the reverb's bypass on. Learned that here too from you nogood bunch of #@$%#!!.

One more thing Influx, I wanted to get that tune in Sonar up before I had to go back to work today. I haven't even cracked the case yet. That will be my first priority this week dude. Can't wait to listen. Thanks a million.

Message 10/15                 Date: 15-Apr-01  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: I'm on a roll!!!

PointBeing

yea, sorry about being so harsh sitar.. i didnt mean to be an ass.. i need to get out around people more.. all the radiation from the monitor is getting to me or something....

off to go get some niceness.. oh yea, happy easter or whatever

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum