0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: what mixer should i buy?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/29                 Date: 07-Apr-01  @  02:09 PM   -   what mixer should i buy?

kef

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi
im trying to decide what mixer to buy and i hope you can help me out. i want to have at least 8 channels, at least three effect loops and three mic amps and 3band eq with mid sweep. what alternatives are there and in what price range? any help would be much appreciated.

by the way, why are the behringer mixers so cheap? do they suck or are they just cheap?

kef

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/29                 Date: 07-Apr-01  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

gb

Link?:  Link

Get a 01v if you can afford it.

Message 3/29                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

influx

alesis studio32 if you cant.

you should buy more channels than you need right now...odds are youll expand at some point and then youll have to buy another mixer. plan ahead.

as for options..youre on the net..do some research 

Message 4/29                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

Moujik

Take a look at the new Spirit M series - look pretty good, but havent heard of anyone whos using them yet...

Message 5/29                 Date: 08-Apr-01  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

kef

Link?:  No link

i recently checked the mackie 1202 VLZ out. it is fairly cheap, has a total of 12 mono inputs (i think that'll be enough) but no mid sweep and only 2 aux sends. is there any smart way, other than aux sends, to route effects?

I found on the mackie homepage that the 1202 VLZ has "Extra ALT 3-4 stereo bus for submixes, separate recording, monitor and 'mix minus' feeds". What does that mean?
Maybe some of you have got a 1202 VLZ? What do you think of it?

thanks for your previous answers and sorry for not knowing anything
kef

Message 6/29                 Date: 09-Apr-01  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

Defector Z

Link?: Link

Check out Allen&Heath. More expensive, but I think they have smaller boards with sweepable mids. They are more expensive than Mackie's, but seriously high quality and a great sound.

http://www.allen-heath.com/product/prdfrm.htm

Message 7/29                 Date: 09-Apr-01  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

mikec

You see? Do you? Even Defector agrees.

;)

MikeC

Message 8/29                 Date: 10-Apr-01  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

k

but... watch out & test the board first before purchase cos some of the A&H budget mixers click when you mute channels with the channel mutes -

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/29                 Date: 10-Apr-01  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

Milan

Get a digital one, preferably Yamaha if u can afford it, you get compressors, effects, the whole deal...
i love my Promix01 which is now dirt cheap.

Message 10/29                 Date: 10-Apr-01  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: what mixer should i buy?

99devils

A Tascam TMD-1000 will get you into digital mixing for $499.

-Craig

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum