0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: Hard Techno Labels and or Artists

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  10:00 AM   -   Hard Techno Labels and or Artists

loFreq

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I would like to hear about what labels or artists other tech-heads like. Some of my favorites include: Primevil, Drumcode, Diode-music, Zhark, Punish, and Template. For specific artists, Joe Mull, Adam Beyer, Ben Simms, Henrik B, Craig Walsh.... Please add to this list.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 23-Mar-01  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: Hard Techno Labels and or Artists

djsolace

Link?: Link

sorry mate...I'm more into tech house..but for hard techno here's a few:

Code Red, Casseopaya Recordings, Reload recodings, Safe Sex Productions..if you like acid techno I could name a few cause my flatmate is a top notch acid techno dj...

Message 3/12                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  08:13 AM   -   RE: Hard Techno Labels and or Artists

loFreq

yes, please do, I love good acid techno.

Message 4/12                 Date: 26-Mar-01  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: Hard Techno Labels and or Artists

ABC 303

Reload, Punish ( Jesus, have you heard Punish#4? ) and um, you two have sort of named the best of techno....Ever!!! Add to that Missile, 4x4, Tortured (King Billy Nasty), Constuct Rhythm, Loop ( Thomas Chrome ), Cluster, Federation of Drums, i know there's plenty more out there.

As for the Acid stuff, i'll let Solace go first. Then i'll fill in the gaps  

Message 5/12                 Date: 27-Mar-01  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: Hard Techno Labels and or Artists

Pongoid

How hard do you want it? I make that stuff all the time. Got loads of buddies that do too. If you haven't already, you gotta check out Subhead, Si Begg, 2CB, obviously Slater's older stuff, Peacefrog, and a load of underground labels that throw WAY harder shit than that.

Ape

Message 6/12                 Date: 31-Mar-01  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: Hard Techno Labels and or Artists

ABC 303

Ok then, acid techno.

Stay Up Forever, Smitten, Routemaster, Hydraulix, Balloonheads, Choci's Chewn's, VCF, Bionic Orange, Havok, Organgrinder, 4x4, Cluster and Pounding Grooves. Thesse labels all feature the likes of Liberator, Rowland The Bastard, DDR, Geezer, D.A.V.E. The Drummer, Solar Quest, Silver Box, Immersion, etc. This lot are also the main source of todays acid techno sound.

Noom, Important, Acid Fever, Hyper Hype, Harthouse, Junkfood, Phuture Wax, Force Inc, Global Ambition, Time Unlimited, Prolekult, Headcase, Bearded Warriors Of Acid, etc. These are older classic labels featuring the likes of Gamma Loop, Pergon, Secret Cinema, Traktor, Rod Acid, Mike Inc, Skank, Octodred, Kinetic Atom, Unknown Structure, Plank, Acrid Abyence, Watchman, Cores, Commander Tom, Nuclear Hyde, Hardfloor, John The Dentist and Baby Doc (hmmm), Nostrum, etc.

Thats a good start, not complete list by far, though it's all very good 303 stuff, funky or banging.

Message 7/12                 Date: 01-Apr-01  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: Hard Techno Labels and or Artists

loFreq

Wow.... thats quite a list. thanks much. At least now i can know what to look for in the sea of rekkids at the store. Fortuneatly my local record store (Massive Records, Milwaukee) has a good selection of used vinyl cheap. There is just too much to listen to all of it. BTW all the code-red stuff has been re-pressed. I picked up 6 of them the other day.

shawn

Message 8/12                 Date: 04-Apr-01  @  02:24 AM   -   RE: Hard Techno Labels and or Artists

C TRUS

Not bad.So i see there are a lot a people out there with some knaledge.Okay smart asses can anybody give some good advice on any fine Tribal Sound

Message 9/12                 Date: 04-Apr-01  @  07:37 AM   -   RE: Hard Techno Labels and or Artists

loFreq

I think alot of the above mentioned labels release what I would call 'tribal techno'. One noteable release is a record called 'Tribal Storm' on Tronic. I know Adam Beyer had something to do with it, he either wrote or remixed it. That record is on my top 10 list of records to find. Speaking of that, if anyone has a copy that they want to sell, email me. loFreq@spacemoose.com

Message 10/12                 Date: 04-Apr-01  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: Hard Techno Labels and or Artists

Pongoid

Try the Ant e.p. on one of Freddy Fresh's labels. Can't remember which one, but it's pretty dope. Usually I don't like Armand, but he did this track on Hard House Cafe called Hurt Me Hard, or maybe it was a remix of it on that label, and that's some pretty deep, spears-and-body-paint shit. Also, the Elephant Song on Analogue Bubblebath 4, by AFX is pretty out of hand tribal if you can find it. That's like 'get out the BIG pot, and light the fire. We gonna roast some missionaries!!!' If you want to find more, talk to Joel at www.newenglandworks.com . He'll get you most anything you're looking for.

Ape

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum