0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Who has one ?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18                 Date: 18-Mar-01  @  11:46 AM   -   Who has one ?

gb

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Wow - a Kurzweil forum.I have a k2000rs and I'd like to know who else in here owns a Kurzweil.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/18                 Date: 18-Mar-01  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: Who has one ?

delta-9

Link?: Link

me - k2000

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/18                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  03:34 AM   -   RE: Who has one ?

darin

k2000 here. 3.54 OS. Lovely machine - I'd love to share patches, knowledge, etc. It's a great synth and a great controller. I do have a question, though, while we're on the topic.

On my other gear, I am able to save sounds on channels. You know, set channel 1 to drums, channel 11 to a piano, or something. So you can easily switch between one song and another. As it stands now, if I'm working on 2 songs, I have to dial in the sounds on the channel each time. Anyone know how I can save a "setup"? Setup mode doesn't seem to allow me to be able to do it. Any thoughts?

Message 4/18                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: Who has one ?

Defector Z

Testing...

Message 5/18                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: Who has one ?

gb

About sharing patches... You do, of course, know that there are tons of free sounds for download from the Kurzweil site ?

Message 6/18                 Date: 19-Mar-01  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: Who has one ?

infrasound

sonikmatter has loads of links for free sounds and stuff too including a wavestation emulator, no less. Dunnae know how good that works, mind.

Wouldn`t mind a kurzy meself someday.

Message 7/18                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Who has one ?

Defector Z

Yes - I've seen all of those. I also like the idea of trading with you folks too. :-) I'll check out there site in more depth, though.

Any thoughts on storing patches by midi channel?

Message 8/18                 Date: 20-Mar-01  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: Who has one ?

gb

Defector Z, I've also been thinking about that, but I guess I'll go for the scsi harddisk solution. Midi is likely to be to slow and possibly unreliable. Also, using a harddisk would allow me to put ALL the sounds from the Kurzweil site into the thing.

Message 9/18                 Date: 24-Mar-01  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: Who has one ?

morgan

i think you can't save a 'multi-patch' per se but would have use the 'setups'. i just program a patch change on every channel for each different track. this is easier than having to remember which sounds you used.

Message 10/18                 Date: 24-Mar-01  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: Who has one ?

morgan-

-

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum