0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: electro

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/26                 Date: 18-Nov-99  @  06:38 PM   -   electro

funkbot

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

fans of electro, anyone?

it's all in the beat... (with a few cheesy melodies here and there...)

right?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/26                 Date: 18-Nov-99  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: electro

k

arghhhhhh!!! - i bloody hate elctro !! :-) - have you heard that quasimidi sirius demo?.. (think it was sirius) heh heh - it's almost 'The Message' - real Kraftwerk-ee stuff vocoder the lot ! - heh heh - really it can do it!...

ha ha - hey checkit ! - im just seeing Apollo 440 doing this awesome thing with a status-quo 'Caroline' intro loop - fucking superb mate !! ha ha heheheheh - it's just come on the tv ... heh heh - the riff cames in and the guy starts doing the old grebo's/bikers dance thing.. y'know that dance the grebo's always used to do in the 'bikers' pub/disco - y'know the one - heh heh - brilliant!

Message 3/26                 Date: 19-Nov-99  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: electro

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Electro is the shit. All else springs from it. That and old Chicago house, nowadays anyway. UR, Drexciya, slobbolz, interference,... the list goes on. I still love four on the floor, but it pales next to the electronic funk born of Detroit. Electroheds unite!!

Ape

Try that groove, with a little delay on snare and kick. BIG Kick!

Message 4/26                 Date: 19-Nov-99  @  05:32 AM   -   RE: electro

funkbot

symmetrical beat...sounds good with analogish sounds

Can't beat it...whether it's pop-electro like Madonna's "Get Into the Groove" or some of the latest intelligent electro like the stuff off of SCSI...it's all good. People try to deny...they try to deny that they like Shannon's "Let the Music Play" or early Ice-T...but once it starts, once the claps and the gated snares and dx7's take over, there's no turning back...
Love it or hate it, there's no middle ground.

Your stuff is pretty tight Pongoid...ever going to perform near DC?

Message 5/26                 Date: 19-Nov-99  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: electro

k

true - tell you what tho, i'll post up that quasimidi Sirius demo in Real-audio tonight - and you can check it out - it can really do it !! - ... i just didnt like elektro when it started to get a bit intellectual with all the tapping clicky 707 kik style riffs and stuff, when it's thumping it's ok

Message 6/26                 Date: 20-Nov-99  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: electro

funkbot

tapping clicky...like Newcleus? "Push the button"? So you like electro with a bit more bottom end? I must admit that really wipes out a large portion of electro, because i've heard so much that barely has punch...sounds like compressed analog kiks or something that takes away the oomph in the kik tail... I guess i'm kinda into that though...gives everything a very robotic feel.

Hey pongoid, what do you use to flange your drums?...some of the flange in the Retardalator demos had a very intense bendy quality--i liked the effect.

Have either of you used FM synthesis for drums, or do you know anyone that does? I keep scratching my chin about whether a TX81z could be reasonably used as a drum machine; i guess i'm mainly concerned about the its multi-timbral specs.

Yeah...i know MANY djs that HATE electro...it's like they don't even think it's a valid form of dance music... Love it or Hate it--no middle ground

Message 7/26                 Date: 20-Nov-99  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: electro

funkbot

tapping clicky...like Newcleus? "Push the button"? So you like electro with a bit more bottom end? I must admit that really wipes out a large portion of electro, because i've heard so much that barely has punch...sounds like compressed analog kiks or something that takes away the oomph in the kik tail... I guess i'm kinda into that though...gives everything a very robotic feel.

Hey pongoid, what do you use to flange your drums?...some of the flange in the Retardalator demos had a very intense bendy quality--i liked the effect.

Have either of you used FM synthesis for drums, or do you know anyone that does? I keep scratching my chin about whether a TX81z could be reasonably used as a drum machine; i guess i'm mainly concerned about the its multi-timbral specs.

Yeah...i know MANY djs that HATE electro...it's like they don't even think it's a valid form of dance music... Love it or Hate it--no middle ground

Message 8/26                 Date: 25-Nov-99  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: electro

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

My partner uses a tx81z quite a bit. It can do cool stuff. That sound you refer to was the phaser on my EPS16+. Glad you liked the demo. The disc souns so much better. Not to just plug my shit, but to deliver the message properly. My partner's even badder than I am when it comes to electro. Don't know when I'll be near DC. Probably not too soon, unless someone wants to fly us out when we get back stateside. Admittedly, I like more deep sounds, but I still appreciate a lot of those pop-ectro tracks just for the composition value, and the fact that they were exploring a medium. Even Madonna's "Open your Heart" was dope for it's exploration. Don't know who produced it. Strange that electro and hiphop were so close, now so far apart. Sad. With we could all git down, you know?

Ape

Message 9/26                 Date: 09-Dec-99  @  05:15 AM   -   RE: electro

funkbot

you see? DO YOU SEE? People hate electro! Electro is crappy music, really ... don't listen to it or you will pathetically try to find old breakdance films that are usually next to impossible to get, and you will greatly covet your friend's old records ... If any of you have the soundtrack to Breakin' I or II then DON'T TELL ME, because I will hunt you down, steal your records and spray-paint stupid puffy tags on your local supermarket or bridge or trainstation or whatever. Or I will have people or robots do this for me.

Skinny Puppy's "Who's Laughing Now" was supposed to play in the previews for BAD INFLUENCE ... just thought I'd mention that because no one will read this crappy thread about utterly crappy music...

Message 10/26                 Date: 09-Dec-99  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: electro

inisatdi

Wow funkbot, that beat is stompy  

Electro sucks? maybe..i really like one elctro
breaks track i have, but then, i try to like any things
called Indica

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum