0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Creating Beats

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

Original Message 1/115                 Date: 07-Nov-99  @  10:29 AM   -   Creating Beats

karibe

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm wanting to know what do I really need to create some fat beats I have no hardware except for a computer with alot of memory. What all do I need to get started and how much would it cost.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/115                 Date: 07-Nov-99  @  03:30 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

R-Tek

U could do it all on yer computer with the right software and a half-decent soundcard but you`d probably b better off with a sampler of some description and a mixer.....and software, of course....and a half-decent soundcard......which is when it all starts 2 get a little expensive.....

Message 3/115                 Date: 07-Nov-99  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

toejam

If you have no budget and no external gear, download the freeware program called Hammer from Shareware Music Machine. It's a must have toy for even us professionals.

Message 4/115                 Date: 07-Nov-99  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

sox

Link?:  Link

I think you'll find it's actually called Hammerhead and
Kilo has it in his "Filez" pile somewhere on the site.
And you're absolutely right about it being an essential in the drum sequencing arsenal. For a lot of people it's THE starting point.

Message 5/115                 Date: 11-Nov-99  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

karibe

Ok what kind of sound card is the best .I really do not have a budget of any kind as long as it does not go over about $5,000 that is the most I think I am willing to spend to start . I just need the names of the software and hardware that will work the best i already got cakewalk 9 sound fordge vegas pro cool editand some other programs that i was talked into buying but i need more If anyone can helpit would of much help to me thanks

Message 6/115                 Date: 12-Nov-99  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

fresh

The computer is a good recording and editing tool but it's not really something that you can 'play'. Try getting something that you can interact with like an analog synth keyboard that can do good bass. The Virus Kb just came out and is really great for the money. Maybe think about some of the DrumKat trigger boards for playing your beats with sticks. Samplers like the Emu ESI's are very friendly and powerful. Samplers are the heart of most studios, particularly if your making dance music. And of course try to get yourself a good mixer with sweepable midrange EQ. Don't skimp and get crappy patch cables. Get the ones that are guaranteed for life like Conquest or Switchcraft. They really do sound better. As for soundcards I particularly find the Event Layla interesting although I do not own it. If I was you I wouldn't go out and spend $5000 all in one big wump. You'll maybe end up getting stuff you dislike and wish you had looked around more. Take your time and learn as you go. It's your talent and experience that will make your music sound good not necessarily the equipment. I've met people with tons of fantastic gear that really don't know what they are doing with it. And once in a while I meet folks that can make a pile of shit groove like hell. Just my opinions. Everyone will have a different approach.

Message 7/115                 Date: 13-Nov-99  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

Delta Sleep

Link?: Link

WHOA WHOA WHOA
where have you folks been? Fruityloops makes all this crap look so unprofressional. i'm dissapointed that a 16 year old kid knows more about this stuff than you.
oh yeah, i was looking on another board and obviously none of them know anything about jungle either, so i dropped a groove for you

Message 8/115                 Date: 13-Nov-99  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: Creating Beats

R-Tek

....we know nothing about jungle? I`ve been listening to it 4 8 years now! Half your fucking lifetime mate!........Fruity Loops is good (better than Rebirth) but inflexible 4 proper jungle "grooves"........

Message 9/115                 Date: 14-Nov-99  @  01:45 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

fresh

For sale: JP-8000, Moog Modular, Nord 2, Oberhiem Matrix12, Access Virus, TR909, TR808. Will only accept trade for Fruitloops or enough cash to buy it... Go Fruitloops!...Yeah man, yeah!!

Message 10/115                 Date: 14-Nov-99  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: Creating Beats

Omega Flatulance

Hey Delta Sleep, that's a mighty fast hip hop groove you got there.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

There are 115 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum