0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/17                 Date: 24-Jul-00  @  11:34 AM   -   DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

JARVY PARVY

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

SO HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TO WORK WITH RESTRICTED VOLUME?
AND ..........caps now off , and does yer neighbours like the rich bass ends on your carfully made kick drum or the hum of sub bass which carries through the walls and up the road and fizzies up mad dog jonnies beer,or the fact that over a two week period they only hear the same music all day every day.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/17                 Date: 24-Jul-00  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

casparproject

Link?: Link

Why?

Message 3/17                 Date: 25-Jul-00  @  01:52 PM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

CObbler

yeah, i hear ya, and nothing pisses me off more than the whores that used to live below me bang on the floor. appartment life and djing/producing don't mix.

many times i though about putting a 4/4 kick beat, turn the bass up, and crank the BPM to 200, and just leave it for a few hours. Things won't seem so bad after that.. the fuckers used to bang for everything, one day i was tuning a guitar (without an amp) and they started wailing.. hope the new appartment is better.

Message 4/17                 Date: 27-Jul-00  @  06:51 AM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Actually, I kind of like to freak my neighbors out with a wierd ambient droning alien lullaby at night, just sort of humming, washing, burbling, and throbbing away. Gets em all worked up, and thy give me the strangest looks, but I love the sounds, so they deal.

Ape

Message 5/17                 Date: 28-Jul-00  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

errata

Pongoid! You have neighbors?! hehehe... always saw you as ever wandering!

My neighbors are my best friends! He's a DJ with tables right above my bedroom! At least my kit's above his office! I guess it's me who's put out... but my system's louder, so I guess I can't complain.

The people next door are in a live mariachi band!!! They have practice once a week at their apartment! I cannot and will not compete! I guess that's why I bought a house last month!

Message 6/17                 Date: 28-Jul-00  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

jj

Add paranoia inducing drugs, 2am, big kicks shaking stuff-kill mix, was that cops at the door? check, nope, keep working, wait was that cops at the door? Kill mix, check, keep working. You get the pattern ya?

Message 7/17                 Date: 02-Aug-00  @  07:31 AM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Had neighbors while staying on and off at a friend's appartment in Paris for a month and a half. Poor Frenchies...   Yes, I am nomadic, for now.

Ape

Message 8/17                 Date: 02-Aug-00  @  08:09 AM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

ggehiere

Hopefully I won't get flamed for this, but it always
seems that the worst musicians are also the people that
want to subject the entire world to whatever noise they
can make.

Look at any musical instrument store: there's always 3
or 4 guitarists (the worst of all breeds!!) 'trying
out' some guitar... which they have no intention of
buying.. because they don't have any money, because
they don't have a job, because they think they're going
to be a rock star.

I play guitar in addition to a few other instruments,
but I've decided that I'm not going to be one of those
people who forces my music on the unwilling... which
would be my wife 90% of the time, and neighbours the
rest of the time.

I use headphones for writing, and just amplify when I
want to check out the final sound before doing any
tweaking before mastering. It's always nice to see how
much my wife likes my tracks when they're done, and of
course, she's never heard it before: It's fresh, and
she gives me an honest first listen. As opposed to
hating the track because she's listened to me play
every variation of every part using every sound I can
muster for the last 6 hours.

Cheers, all. Thanks for tolerating my little rant   I
envy your tolerant neighbours (but

Message 9/17                 Date: 03-Aug-00  @  08:23 AM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

Defector Z

couldn't agree more. :-) Musicians LOVE to subject others to our noise.

Message 10/17                 Date: 06-Aug-00  @  03:45 AM   -   RE: DOES YER NEIGHBOURS LIKE YER MUSIC

jj

Wish I felt that way. I always feel like I'm buggin someone, so I'm always self conscious, fucks up my creativity to all hell. I rented a house just so I wouldn't share walls, and I'm still freaked. I constantly go outside to check, and its damn quiet just ten feet from my house, but when I return to my studio I'm always thinking someone's gotta be hearing this. Ah, and my neighbor that I would be bugging plays drums at weird times (family times) and I def can hear that shit, but shit I'm just paranoid.

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum