0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Theory / composition / technique

Subject: music as language

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/44                 Date: 23-Apr-00  @  04:03 PM   -   music as language

casparproject

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok, this is a thread I've been thinkin of starting for a while. The idea is, I've been feeling in the past few months like my music is actually communicating emotion in a way that is much more efficient than speech. Something as simple as a filter sweep at the right time seems to be able to communicate something to people that, well, just can't be expressed in words. Tingles are common, other people just stare at me, especially live, as if I've just said something incredibly intriguing about myself. Is music actually a functional part of human evolution in this respect. Is music our other language?

Peaceout

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/44                 Date: 24-Apr-00  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: music as language

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

I know that I can comunicate something through sound in amuch deeper way than speech. for lack of better words, I can 'feel' something to others. I'd say that music is indeed another language.

ape

Message 3/44                 Date: 25-Apr-00  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: music as language

damballah

humans have many non-verbal languages. yeah, music is one.

I've experienced the opposite effect. I say something and people look at me like I've just tweeked the cutoff frequency.  

Message 4/44                 Date: 25-Apr-00  @  09:28 AM   -   RE: music as language

Divine_Radiance(rebirther)

Link?: Link

I'd agrre fully whit you.
I took the liberty to supply you the adress off
"Elektrisches Descent" a group off interntationall Rebirther's. who just take the gasp out off you, and all whit this wondefull litlle proggie. just Listen to "Electronic Bird Off paradise (morning light" nad se what you think. Now that's music talking.. Man and the poetry just complies the music in a mysticall way..

But as for expressing, Definetly, Especailly in ambient and other smooth music, and perhaps goa..

/peace out
Divine_Radiance

Message 5/44                 Date: 25-Apr-00  @  01:05 PM   -   RE: music as language

damballah

keep using the "g" word and you're gonna piss off Pongoid

Message 6/44                 Date: 25-Apr-00  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: music as language

casparproject

goa way ;)

Message 7/44                 Date: 25-Apr-00  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: music as language

Tryptamine

The link failed, did my browser mess up or you? Oh,
and goa goa goa, hehehe...

Message 8/44                 Date: 25-Apr-00  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: music as language

Harmony

Boyz, I'm realy sorry I'm propa, propa on a deadline mission at the mo so I cant do my usual waffle ting-but it's a wiikid question...think music therapy, musical ceremonies and how music is used in the media....music isnt representative like other arts but communication is definitely part of the key....

....more waffle at a later date.....

....much mre, I'm afraid.......

Message 9/44                 Date: 28-Apr-00  @  03:55 AM   -   RE: music as language

jj

Its funny though, how we all come here to Talk about music.

Message 10/44                 Date: 28-Apr-00  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: music as language

tjader

i aint gonna say its ovious (if thats how u spell it)but guess what it is ovious.artists, musicans are all trying to communicate something "EXPRESSION" just take film music as example i.e (lalo scrifron)happy ,sad ,angry,ancious can all be communicated....and thats just with simple chord,amagine what u could do with a track

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 44 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum