0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Is my mixer no good??

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/20                 Date: 23-Jan-01  @  12:22 PM   -   Is my mixer no good??

fink

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

this is a burning question. i have an old studiomaster diamond 16:2 and i've had it for years.

i've noticed though that it outputs alot of hiss. i've always tried to block it from my mind but do you think it IS the mixer.

is buzzing related to electrical fields and hiss to the mixer (ie. seperate)?

are there any other checks because i'm fed up with it now and i'll be forced to change it.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/20                 Date: 23-Jan-01  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: Is my mixer no good??

Tinde

Link?:  Link

Solo each input and try to listen if some instruments, which are attached to it make more noise than others.

I had Soundtracks Topaz Macro Plus and even I can say that it was much more noisier than my new 01v. However I got JV-1080, which gaves a lot of noise but disabling channels when they are not playing will help me in that (along gates in each input too =)

You can also check if there's some electric wires or gadgets that makes somekind of electro magnetic fields that makes noise. Monitor is a good example of that.

Message 3/20                 Date: 23-Jan-01  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: Is my mixer no good??

influx

probably the mixer.

altho, my E4 and virus both his noticeably. I think most pieces do?

try the test and see if its the mixer.

Message 4/20                 Date: 23-Jan-01  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: Is my mixer no good??

casparproject

hey influx. you ever notice how much
hiss you get from the virus when you
have an input or vocoder patch
selected? even when there's no
input it's insane!

Message 5/20                 Date: 24-Jan-01  @  12:08 PM   -   RE: Is my mixer no good??

fink

i'll run some chekcs, i found my vocoder/effects inputs on the sn2 diabolical. almost useless if you need gain.

Message 6/20                 Date: 24-Jan-01  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: Is my mixer no good??

influx

hell...virus hisses a bit anyway! but yeah..with filter input patches its pretty noisy

dont use the vocoder much...

whats wierd is...and this is exactly the same on my E4...the extra outs get progressively noisier?

my E4 mains are pretty quiet, then it goes to the subs and they get more and more hiss. hmmmm

Message 7/20                 Date: 25-Jan-01  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: Is my mixer no good??

r-tek

what OS are you running influx? The earlier EOS4s had a bug with the outs, making em noisy and stuff. Thats said, mine are still a little hissy.

Message 8/20                 Date: 25-Jan-01  @  05:11 AM   -   RE: Is my mixer no good??

casparproject

now the first two outs on my virus are
dead... shit...

Message 9/20                 Date: 25-Jan-01  @  09:10 AM   -   RE: Is my mixer no good??

nobody

i'm no good. take out your frustrations on me

murder

Message 10/20                 Date: 25-Jan-01  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: Is my mixer no good??

influx

4.02? now hang on..the OS caused noisy outputs?

well, I think I just traded my E4 rack for an Esynth keys. wanted the keys for a controller and now I got em...one less piece of gear needed. altho Im hesitant...dunno. got a wavestation here and I kinda LIKE it...but no more room in this minimal world...

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum