0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Seeking TRANCE

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/35                 Date: 30-Nov-00  @  12:49 AM   -   Seeking TRANCE

Choknow

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm totally new to this world of making music. I'm very interested though. I need a starting point. I need to know what equipment I need and how I go about in creating this wonderful sound they call TRANCE.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/35                 Date: 30-Nov-00  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: Seeking TRANCE

influx

Link?:  Link

uh. some drugs?

Message 3/35                 Date: 30-Nov-00  @  06:41 AM   -   RE: Seeking TRANCE

damballah

Link?:  Link

you may want to try asking in the 'music and tech chat' area. you'll get more, ahem, abuse, err, I mean answers, over there.

Message 4/35                 Date: 01-Dec-00  @  06:12 AM   -   RE: Seeking TRANCE

casparproject

Link?: Link

Get fruityloops, do a search for it, DL
it, learn to master it, read about it,
decide whether you have any interest
in caryying on, if you do, come back
and lurk and learn.

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 5/35                 Date: 02-Dec-00  @  03:22 AM   -   RE: Seeking TRANCE

carbonize

Trance isen't to hard to compose. But in order to make good trance you must have cool sound quality which is kinda hard tog et with softsynths   I do recommend also though that you try softies at first, then if you know you wanna work with music the next years then you start thinking about equipment   people seems to tend starting at buying a synth or a synthmodule. 2 approaches here. Analog (analog modeling) or digital rom based stuff. so the difference is that the analog modeling "CREATES" a sound when you tweak knobs and buttons on it. Rom based synth often contains good or better drums, strings, guitars and "normal"instruments while analog makes leads, pads and other weird and cool shit. To become more pro'ish you probably gonna need one of each. An ideal trance setup for me is: one rom based bynth, one analog modeler, a great mixer with good EQ, a sampler and a fast computer   with this kind of hardware you can produce awesome trance hehe. But it would probably cost you about 4000$ to buy em all hehe.

Message 6/35                 Date: 02-Dec-00  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Seeking TRANCE

k

i dont know about that... soft-snths are very powerful

Message 7/35                 Date: 02-Dec-00  @  08:13 PM   -   RE: Seeking TRANCE

casparproject

I'm kinda wondering more about the "Trance isn't that hard to compose" comment. Sure, it's not hard if you either know what you're doing, or you rip shit off from other ppl.

Message 8/35                 Date: 03-Dec-00  @  02:39 AM   -   RE: Seeking TRANCE

k

there's some softsynth trance sounds obviously it's a demo so i mixed the drums down etc.. the full-detail 800kb file is available for download for your listening perusal over in the ORION thread on the PC chat forum, i'm impressed, it is again it's own synth like a hardware is it's own synth, you do with it what you need to do to get the sound shapes you want, the rest is the s/w's character - these sounds is a 3 osc synth, 3 note poly so it coulkd be way fatter if layered ...whatever you know all the things you can do..

these sounds have delay & a touch of reverb only, no compresion etc - i could plug dx & vst fx in series with these sounds with a higher power pc, which gladly is coming next week at last so i can get deeper into producing with the s/w's.... quite interesting stuff it all is, it's nice to programme sounds whilst chilling on the bed horizontal with cans on which is how these sounds were made

Message 9/35                 Date: 29-Dec-00  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Seeking TRANCE

stephen.ayres

To the guy named `carbonise` and anyone else who thinks Trance is easy to write. It isn`t.
If you think trance is easy to write then you are writing s*it trance. I have been producing dance music in recording studio`s for over 7 years and in the last 2 years I have seen a massive step in technology and musical integrity in this area. Trance is at the pinnacle of synth technology, you cannot right proper trance with one analogue synth or a just a PC. My studio has 7 hardware synths (analogue and digital) and I am still not happy with my sound. In order to create depth, expression and all of the collages of arps and melodies and sweeps required you need a big synth budget, alot of outboard, a good 8-bus desk and damn good set of monitors to get your mix through.
Period.

Message 10/35                 Date: 29-Dec-00  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Seeking TRANCE

Defector Z

Can I get an amen from the congregation?!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum