0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: step up from spinning

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19                 Date: 27-Nov-00  @  03:16 AM   -   step up from spinning

rdb

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've been spinning a lot of house and trance and I kind of want to take step up. Would my best buy be a sampler, groovemachine? i'm not really sure.. I don't want to go out and spend a fortune, I just want to add a component to my tables and mixer.
any advice?
thanks

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/19                 Date: 27-Nov-00  @  03:56 AM   -   RE: step up from spinning

casparproject

Link?: Link

well, if you just want something to add to your tables than I'd reccommend something like a phrase sampler liek a Remix 16 or an S20, or an efx unit like a Kaoss Pad etc. If you actually want to get into producing your own tracks than get an akai or emu rackmount sampler. Grooveboxes in my experience don't work that well w vinyl. It's very hard to get them to work overtop of the highly mastered tracks that are on the records, and mixing into a groove box track form a record usually blows fat dead goat ass. If you do decide to get a groovebox though, get an RM1X, as it will serve as a good sequencer as well, and they are reasonabally easy to find cheap second hand.

Peaceout,

Peter

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 3/19                 Date: 27-Nov-00  @  05:38 AM   -   RE: step up from spinning

nobody

Link?:  Link

fat dead goat ass. only you, peter  

a friend of mine used to yell 'fuck me in the goat ass!' when he couldn't land skate tricks after many attempts. the goat, ass.

Message 4/19                 Date: 27-Nov-00  @  06:08 AM   -   RE: step up from spinning

casparproject

Well the frustration of hearing a DJ try
to mix out of a very well produced
house track into his MC-505 can only
be described as blowing fat dead
goat ass in my opinion. The only
thing that comes close to that is DJ's
who sample stuff off of records out of
sync and then try to loop the out of
sync sample on top of them
attempting to scratch w the record.
I've seen both, and I am afraid.

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 5/19                 Date: 27-Nov-00  @  04:49 PM   -   RE: step up from spinning

Pongoid

*cringing* ewwwwww......

Ape

Message 6/19                 Date: 27-Nov-00  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: step up from spinning

influx

heh. adam sandler.

fuck me in the goat as. that was a zinger

boy...peter..youve SEEN this type of shit? someone could be so unaware that they fuck up that BAD and not notice?

like pongoid said...ewwwww

Message 7/19                 Date: 27-Nov-00  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: step up from spinning

nobody

should have figured it wasn't his own.. never really seen or heard adam sandler outside of um.. his movies? he used to be on SNL right? hm.. i do sort of wanna see little nicky.. maybe i should stick to topic?

Message 8/19                 Date: 27-Nov-00  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: step up from spinning

influx

fuck sticking to topic  yeah..thats from an adam sandler CD. horizens has it. FUNNY SHIT, man.

fuck me in my goat ass. ha.

I can just picture your homey gettin an ankle biter and screamin that 

Message 9/19                 Date: 28-Nov-00  @  01:26 AM   -   RE: step up from spinning

casparproject

One of em is a friend of mine who I
feel very sorry for (he's the one w the
MC-505). The other one was a
so-called freestyle hiphop DJ I saw
at a battle of the bands in the mid
90's. Very scary experience. The
scaryiest part was the number of ppl
who thought it was wicked when it
sounded like, well, fat stinky leaky
dead goat ass.

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 10/19                 Date: 28-Nov-00  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: step up from spinning

nobody

i used to have a an mc-505.. sequencer in it pissed me off enought to get rid of it.. in addition to the drum samples that i learned to hate soon enough. not a waste, i did learn things i guess.. like that a sampler would be better. that 505 used to crash every HOUR. because the sequence sucked.  

it didn't smell too bad though

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum