0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: 01V EG OR COMP

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18                 Date: 20-Nov-00  @  03:41 PM   -   01V EG OR COMP

BEN

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hope someone can help me on this i have a O1V and i wana make my sound fatter if i can by useing something like a compressor,eq or some tube enhancer but i dont know wich way to go has any one else done this what did you use or have any of you got any advise on what i should be looking for just a little unsure as to what way i should go thanks for any feedback

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/18                 Date: 21-Nov-00  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: 01V EG OR COMP

teemu

You could buy a SPL Charisma 2 to fatten your cold digital sound, it's cheap and based on tube technology.

check http://www.soundperformancelab.com/Charisma2/in_detail.html for details.

Message 3/18                 Date: 22-Nov-00  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: 01V EG OR COMP

ben

any one done this

Message 4/18                 Date: 22-Nov-00  @  08:57 PM   -   RE: 01V EG OR COMP

99devils

Do you mean you're looking for a way to
beef up the mix coming out of thwe 01V
or an individual sound?

-Craig

Message 5/18                 Date: 22-Nov-00  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: 01V EG OR COMP

johnny

sounds like the guy means the stereo mix coming from the 01V. It does benefit from a bit of warming up (as does most stuff), you could try a valve-based compressor like the TLA C1 or dbx 566 (what a looker too!) but I'd suggest going for a combination of valves, compression, EQ and full-range enhancement in the form of the SPL Vitalizer Mk2T. It has two valves, one in the stereo expansion circuit and another in the enhancer itself. There's also a one-knob bass compressor which is very handy, and a selection of tuning/process knobs which are straightforward to operate. As for the sound - it's superb, really sweet and makes everything sound like it 'should'... hard to explain but it sounds so 'right' y'know? The price is surprisingly low, much less than the TLA/dbx valve compressors which only do one thing; the SPL does several things extremely well and without any hassles. Just pop it on the XLR mix outs of the 01V, hook it up to your recording/monitoring system, then sit back and enjoy.

Message 6/18                 Date: 23-Nov-00  @  04:24 AM   -   RE: 01V EG OR COMP

influx

Link?:  Link

hmmm. so far my mixes sound WAY better and more seperated than before.

dont hear anything cold at all.

could be the Meek C2, tho 

Message 7/18                 Date: 23-Nov-00  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: 01V EG OR COMP

ben

that SPL sound just the ticket is was something like that i was thinking of im gona try go listen to one any idea what the price is ...influx my mixes dont sound cold i just wana beef them up a bit and it is for the stereo outs
thanks

Message 8/18                 Date: 23-Nov-00  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: 01V EG OR COMP

johnny

the vitalizer mk2T is way cheap from Thomann (www.thomann.de), just under £450UKP. It sounds 3 or 4 times more expensive than that...

Message 9/18                 Date: 23-Nov-00  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: 01V EG OR COMP

ben

cheers johny
do you use one yourself how do you know there good just wondering thanks

Message 10/18                 Date: 23-Nov-00  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: 01V EG OR COMP

ben

john boy do you know were i can read up on this spl

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum