0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/34                 Date: 28-Jul-00  @  11:04 AM   -   What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

swoosh666

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Any advicers out there can tell me what are good active monitors for trance and goatrance and progressive trance music,are the genelec 1029A good...
pls advice ....any suggestions will be appreciated,thanks

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/34                 Date: 28-Jul-00  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

Defector Z

Link?: Link

I think any studio monitor would work. The idea is for a flat response. Not to avoid the question, but monitors have been hammered out many times before in the Music&Tech chat and if you run a search on "monitors", you're sure to come up with quite a bit.

Message 3/34                 Date: 29-Jul-00  @  08:34 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

johnny

I've heard it all now...

How long before someone asks "what cables do I need for progressive intelligent deep euphoric trance???"

Message 4/34                 Date: 29-Jul-00  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

damballah

Link?:  Link

Well? What cables? I think that's the problem with my progressive intelligent deep euphoric trance -- it's got too much of that "country rock cable" sound.

Message 5/34                 Date: 29-Jul-00  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

nobody

hmm.. i can get you some really woody laid back sounding cables at a good price. also i have access to super punchy upfront cabling. just aks man. or get them cables from wacky kovacy (real cablist). cable is cable, none makes your signal any better, it just makes it worse in varying degrees. happy? that said, the mackie hr824's f*cking kick.

Message 6/34                 Date: 29-Jul-00  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

damballah

Woody! No shit? Let Sitar know. Actually what I need to spring for is one of those Elco-to-TRS- jack snakes so I get from board to ADAT balanced and at +4. But car repair just ate my 'quipment budget fer a while.

Anyway, the type of monitors has nuttin' to do with the type of music. You're looking for something both detailed and uncolored so you really know what the frequencies are doing and you can mix from there. A mix on a good set of monitors will be portable, that is, good sounding on the large variety of systems out there in the real world. Do what Mister DZ said, Swoosh.

Message 7/34                 Date: 30-Jul-00  @  07:20 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

nobody

and support my business 'Nobody's Cables'

Message 8/34                 Date: 01-Aug-00  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

smartass

deep euphoric trance is all you have to say. It is usually intelligent, and always progressive (pop-style aside)  

Message 9/34                 Date: 02-Aug-00  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

damballah

could you find it in your heart to pardon our stupidity?

Message 10/34                 Date: 02-Aug-00  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: What are good active speakers for TRANCE,GOA

**tig**

deep......euphoric.......intelligent......progressive? Meaning? can I listen to some shallow, dumb trance please?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum