0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Yamaha Promix 01 or 01v

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 26-Feb-00  @  08:22 PM   -   Yamaha Promix 01 or 01v

DiGiTaL

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi!

I have a hard time choosing a digital mixer. The ones that interessts me most is the Yamaha Promix 01 (used). But should I save the money, and go for a 01v instead? Is it worth the extra cash? I really dont know what do choose...any feedback will be great...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 27-Feb-00  @  08:58 AM   -   RE: Yamaha Promix 01 or 01v

nullunit

Definately wait for the 01v. I used to use an old promix and got average sound but when I upgraded to the 01v the difference was amazing. The promix sounds muddy by comparison. The effects are also a lot cleaner on the promix and the addition of dynamics on each channel and the master give you a much more professional mix. If you buy the old promix you'll eventually get pissed off with the lack of finish. They are also prone to having the faders break down so if you buy the used one make sure you check each fader carefully.

Message 3/12                 Date: 27-Feb-00  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: Yamaha Promix 01 or 01v

diigiital

Well, I dont want to have muddy sounding mixer, so ill go for the 01v then. I'll see if I can find a cheap, used one...

Thanx !

Message 4/12                 Date: 01-Mar-00  @  07:28 AM   -   RE: Yamaha Promix 01 or 01v

roger.spielmann

actually wanted to buy for a 01V too....it's perfect, the only problem is that you can't compress any subgroups. for example when i have the kick, snare and hihats on different channels (for better eq-ing)...i can't compress my drumsounds together, can i ? any suggestions....

Message 5/12                 Date: 01-Mar-00  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: Yamaha Promix 01 or 01v

V

I have a dbx 1066 that I can run drum through, then back into the o1v for a flat, pump.

R,

V

Message 6/12                 Date: 02-Mar-00  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: Yamaha Promix 01 or 01v

ddiggittal

The reason I want to get a digital mixer, is because I want to sound more "proffesional". My songs usually tend to get dull and gray. And I dont get any really good bass, it seems like the bass is more in the between of the treble and bass . So I think a digital mixer will make a difference and give it a more of a pro sound...I use a Tascam MM-1 today, to mix up my stuff.

Am I thinking right here? Or is a digital mixer NOT an answer on my problems?

Message 7/12                 Date: 16-Mar-00  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: Yamaha Promix 01 or 01v

swampman

Hi there ddiggittal!

A good analog like mackie vlz pro mixers does what you want. I had a digital sold it (nothing wrong with it just wanted to get a fresh start) and bought a mackie 1602 vlz pro. Look at www.mackie.com

Cheers
/SwampMan

Message 8/12                 Date: 17-Mar-00  @  12:25 AM   -   RE: compressing more than one channel

lyrebird

I think you can route your individual channels to omni/auxilary outs. then add dynamics to the aux/omni out. then feed it back to a free input channel to control the volume(I think)

Message 9/12                 Date: 07-Apr-00  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: Yamaha Promix 01 or 01v

max coombe

two of the keys to good sounding mixes are a high level of eq control and clean sound - either a good analogue or a digital desk will give you this.

i personally prefer digital desks because you get high-end automation at a reasonable price (although admittedly nothing that you can't achieve from hard disk audio within logic/cubase with a little thought). my advice is go for an 01v if automation is important to you. i upgraded to an 02r from aa analogue mackie and i've never regretted it.

Message 10/12                 Date: 07-Apr-00  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: Yamaha Promix 01 or 01v

nullunit

If you are having mud problems why not try a BBE Sonic Maximizer, they're cheap second hand and really add a lot of punch. I've got one and when you push the bypass button the mix sounds really flat in comparison. It's good for tightening the bass sound so that it doesn't overpower the mix but still remains fat.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum