0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 07-Nov-99  @  08:47 PM   -   BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

a survey - i'm interested

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 08-Nov-99  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

uvc

I own a Behringer 1602, its fantastic, it can take alot of punishment. Only 2 band eq but i use it only as a mixer for my keyboards. I don't use it to record anything so for my needs its perfect.

Message 3/12                 Date: 10-Nov-99  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

tofu

i have a behringer mx2004a, and it ain't half bad. somehow feels a little shoddier than my friends mackie 1604vlz, but of course that might be cuz it cost only $330 :P ... three band EQ, mids sweepable on the mono channels ... only complaint is that the pot on the monitor volume control is scratchy and i've only had it a year ... time for some contact spray ...

Message 4/12                 Date: 14-Nov-99  @  06:56 AM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

AietaD

My little Eurorack MX 802A has been great, starting to get a little noisy now or pheraps its the sound card, not sure yet. Nevertheless good little board for $200.

Was it a dream or is Behringer coming out with a digital board?

Message 5/12                 Date: 14-Nov-99  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

John

Link?: Link

I have an MX3282. 24 mono, 4 stereo, and 8 subgroups. I use it specifically for dance music production.

The noise floor is a little louder than the Mackie counterpart, but when you consider the price, and the type of music I'm doing, it's definitely a good buy. Very flexible too.

John

Message 6/12                 Date: 15-Nov-99  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

hajee

Okay guys. At the moment I got a piii500 with EWS64XL, a yammy cs2x an mc303 and an Behrininger virtualizer. I´m planning to buy a Yammy a4k sampler pretty soon & maybe a nive compresser (dbx 266 or something) since mixing using just the soundcard just doesn´t go the job... Would the behringer 2004 do my job...or should i fork out extra on a spirit or macky deck...

Message 7/12                 Date: 29-Nov-99  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

systeminterupted

i've got a Eurodesk 2442A console, it's great, only four busses, but i really don't need a full 8 busses. nothing but goodness has come out of this mixer (other than my music), the noise floor is low, and the routing options are plentiful. i plan on buying other behringer stuff, the virtualizer, and plan on checking out their compressors.

Message 8/12                 Date: 30-Nov-99  @  09:22 AM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

andrew.lee

I've got a Behringer MX2442A, and am very happy with it. I am only
mastering to analogue cassette at the moment but I'm getting a
minidisc recorder very soon. Unfortunately my amplifier does not
have any more outputs etc available. Can I record straight to the
minidisc recorder (possibly a portable minidisc walkman) from the desk? ie. plug the walkman into the tape out outputs on the mixer?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 9/12                 Date: 03-Dec-99  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

wai

Anyone know if the Mackies are really worth spending the extra on? I have a Behringer 2642a, Mackie equivalent is over a grand!!! I paid 299. What makes Makies so special?

Message 10/12                 Date: 07-Dec-99  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: BEHRINGER EXPERIENCES

sll

Go for the Mackie!!!!

I'm an owner of a Behringer MX8000. In the beginnig I though that this was a great mixer to the price. After a while, there was more and more problems with the buttons, they was in a bad quality. Also the EQ's sound very poor, I think, compared to Mackie's EQ. Cubase VST EQ's sound much better than Behringers I think.

So, I you want a big cheap mixer, and does'nt care about the EQ, Preamps, tech, sound quality - buy the Behringer, else buy a Mackie if you want a lifetime mixer!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum