0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Site bugs & feedback

Subject: Through Monitoring Setup in Video

Pages: 1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 14-Mar-20  @  08:09 PM     Edit: 14-Mar-20  |  08:10 PM   -   RE: Through Monitoring Setup in Video

jardineromi

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello,

I think there's an ommission in your  thru monitoring video (Logic PRo x Audio Recording series 1 & 2).

I am running Mac OS Catalina with version 10,4.8 of Logic Pro. my interface is an M-Audio 8.

I'm a beginner/intermediate level user of Logic.

I watched your series on audio tracks and audio recording and learned alot. (THANKS!)
   But I ran into a hitch doing the through monitoring setup as you explained in videos 1 & 2. I could never get the monitoring to work when I turned off direct monitoring on my interface.
   I discovered that it would only work if software monitoring was turned on in the preferences. (duh) But the issue, is that you never mention that bit in your videos. (or at least, I missed that part when watching)
   Anyway, it would be very helpful to people like me if you did a video on the monitoring settings in Logic.(or at least mention software monitoring in your audio setup video).
  HERE ----> Preferences->Audio-->General tab
specifically:
  Software monitoring
  Input monitoring... for focused track
  Independent monitoring level
   I know you did a tip video covering Input monitoring for focused track, but a video about all the settings would really be helpful.

Thanks again for all your work you've done on this.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 21-Mar-20  @  09:13 AM   -   RE: Through Monitoring Setup in Video

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

sorry, missed that as I'm using an olderversion OSX 

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Pages: 1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum