0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: so who plays proper instruments?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  02:32 PM   -   so who plays proper instruments?

bedwyr

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

hehe! "proper"

anyway, i've played sax in various bands for the last ten years, how about you lot then?

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 21/87                 Date: 13-Apr-02  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitar

Yup. We rule!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 22/87                 Date: 13-Apr-02  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

k

File?:  File

love_on_your_mind_master_lofi.mp3

sorta like this... but i cant reach those notes anymore !! - and it was ruff enuff as it was even at the time *cough* (too much smoking damn!)... just from an old 'idea' tape from about 6 years ago I was starting to lose my top-end about then.... all i was trying to do was get an idea down without getting in a female vocalist which it's written for.

'vocals' mostly is about arrangements anyways when it comes to production & wearing the producer hat, i'm not saying i gotta good voice, and besides, the golden rule is sposed to be that you aint sposed to do your own BV's !

the song/hook is copyright by the way. probably would be worth doing it with a girlgroup and a totaly redone more 'pop' backing, someone might pick it up - the hook is quite strong.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 23/87                 Date: 13-Apr-02  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

damballah

Link?: Link

it might sound better on something other than these Polk computer speakers...

Message 24/87                 Date: 13-Apr-02  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

xoxos

quit being all humble and stuff. you're an accomplished muso, dude.

Message 25/87                 Date: 13-Apr-02  @  08:56 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitar

Ha! That's a great vocal take! Harmony and all. Thanks for sharing that k. Cool funk to the piece too. Damn.

Message 26/87                 Date: 14-Apr-02  @  06:23 AM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

Mindspawn

Influx - I'll second yer toast g'sir, no matter how un"influx" it seems... But yeah, I agree with you quite a lot. It's really cool that we do what we do, with what we do it with..... uh... right.. I think... well anyway, what you said!

Pax

Message 27/87                 Date: 14-Apr-02  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

k

yeah but the top vocal is well raucus & cringy! - anyways it was just to get an idea down, it wouldnt be the same without the harmony parts.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 28/87                 Date: 14-Apr-02  @  02:45 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitar

It's a nice track. I think you could give Britany a run for her money. You might have to shave your legs. Those are "real" instruments, yes?

Message 29/87                 Date: 14-Apr-02  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

k

well, programmed drums & real bassline & guitar... that's all that's on it apart from vox.

Message 30/87                 Date: 14-Apr-02  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: so who plays proper instruments?

sitarsong

Poor drummers.

I uploaded a short excerpt of my sitar playing. Couldn't add it as a file so it's in my profile called "sitar on sitar". A window into my sordid past. The sitar was sounding quite eloquent that day.

I was at my mom's last weekend looking for some tapes of Indian music to copy for someone and came across a few informal studio recordings and live recordings of my sitar, so there ya go if anyone is interested. 1'45" only. It's the tail end of the solo portion, then the tabla player joins in. 16 beat cycle. I wanted to put something up in a 10 beat cycle and a 14 beat cycle to but I don't want to get carried away 8)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 87 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum