0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Connecting my mixer

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 11-Apr-12  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: Connecting my mixer

Dukie95

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, i recently got my Behringer XENYX X1622 usb mixer and i am having trouble connecting it to logic pro 9. can someone help please and tell me how to do it.
Thank you 

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 16-Apr-12  @  12:27 PM   -   RE: Connecting my mixer

admin

Hi.
The USB connection allows the main stereo mix to be sent to your computer

Mac doesn;t need drivers, so you will need to go to Logic main menu:  preferences/audio

choose the Devices tab / core-audio -  and assign the behringer usb as the audio in/out 

now whatever is routed to the Behringer main  L/R out will be routed in to Logic's audio tracks, and Logic's main L/R output will be routed back in stereo to the Behringer.

It is important to make sure you're monitors are connected NOT to the main L/R output on the Behringer, but instead connect your monitors to the Behringer PHONES stereo 1/4" output - This output is for Headphones or monitors - you will need a special cable - stereo 1/4" (TRS) - to 2 x rca-phono or 2 X 1/4" for your monitors.

Next to the PHONES/CTRL ROOM knob, is 3 buttons marked "SOURCE" - the choices are:

2-TR/USB
SUB 1-2
MAIN MIX

Pressing 2-TR USB will route Logic's stereo out back to your monitor output/speakers, while the main L/R stereo out on the Behringer continues to route IN to Logic.

If instead you want to route the main L/R OUT from the behringer to your speakers, ythen press the button MAIN MIX

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 3/8                 Date: 16-Apr-12  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: Connecting my mixer

Louis Duke

Thank You So Much I Really Appreciate it! 

Message 4/8                 Date: 16-Apr-12  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: Connecting my mixer

Louis Duke

Another Question, How Can I get Logic to Recognise My Condenser Mic Connected To The Mixer ? 

Message 5/8                 Date: 23-Apr-12  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: Connecting my mixer

Louis Duke

Does anyone know ?
Thank you  

Message 6/8                 Date: 22-Oct-12  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: Connecting my mixer

Louis Duke

does anyone know how to get sound from my condenser microphone to logic 9 on my Behringer XENYX X1622 usb mixer ?

Message 7/8                 Date: 22-Oct-12  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: Connecting my mixer

k

Link?: Link

well i dont own one, and haven't used one.

But from the manual, I guess u can try this.

mic -> mixer channel - route the main mix L/R

logic audio track assigned to behringer usb 1/2 input

behringer mixer switched on the SOURCE panel to: 2-TR/USB

logic channel set to monitor mode

the mic should route IN to the logic audio track, THRU and back out again with the backing music to the mixer.

attach your speakers to CTRL OUT L/R

also of course check if your mic requires phantom power and if so, switch it on (round the back next to the main on/off switch)

try that anyway

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/8                 Date: 23-Oct-12  @  04:40 PM   -   RE: Connecting my mixer

Louis Duke

Cheers mate, got it working   

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum