0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: so I finally got to see a Mozart opera...

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 05-Oct-11  @  06:11 PM     Edit: 05-Oct-11  |  06:17 PM   -   RE: so I finally got to see a Mozart opera...

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

you get 3 excellent melodic themes/sections, each spaced apart by 30-40 minutes or so, and the rest in between was all endless up and downing and flourishes!... hard work!

it was The Marriage of Figaro btw.

it aint all like this by a long stretch, those were the 2 highlights + the ending bit.

you came out remembering that line from "Amadeus" when the guy says "Too many notes" lol

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 11-Oct-11  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: so I finally got to see a Mozart opera...

oxygene65

shame I cant see those clips here at work, it doesnt display anything. Most probably blocked. 

Where did you see the opera ? at the Royal Opera House ?

Message 3/11                 Date: 11-Oct-11  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: so I finally got to see a Mozart opera...

k

eno, english national opera.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/11                 Date: 12-Oct-11  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: so I finally got to see a Mozart opera...

oxygene65

I love that part of London. I'm not very well travelled as far as cities go. I've done Sydney, Tokyo and New York, and London wins hands down. (if you gave it the beautiful Sydney harbour rather than a brown shitty Thames it would be perfect).

Message 5/11                 Date: 13-Oct-11  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: so I finally got to see a Mozart opera...

NastyM

Link?:  No link

I am overflowing with envy ....... need to pursuade the wife

Message 6/11                 Date: 14-Oct-11  @  11:21 AM   -   RE: so I finally got to see a Mozart opera...

k

to do what? go to the opera or go to sydney or NY?... or dress up as a construction worker with a fake mustache?

Message 7/11                 Date: 21-Oct-11  @  11:13 PM   -   RE: so I finally got to see a Mozart opera...

oxygene65

I think the nightlife, places to eat out, bars, entertainment and culture is much richer in London than NY and Sydney.

Although given the choice of where to have my luxury apartment, well that wouldnt be alongside the Thames that looks like rusty arse water. It would be on Watsons Bay, Sydney.

Message 8/11                 Date: 12-Dec-11  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: so I finally got to see a Mozart opera...

jorgesalarcon

Link?:  No link

Thanks for sharing these nice clips. It's great to hear a bit of what I am missing.

Message 9/11                 Date: 15-Dec-11  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: so I finally got to see a Mozart opera...

k

Actually I went to the opening night for Tosca 2 weeks ago. Good night! was sitting next to the director and producer, best center seats in the house.

The strings and horns were tight as a gnats chuff. Exceptional stuff. It's different this opera lark that's for sure.

Message 10/11                 Date: 24-Dec-11  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: so I finally got to see a Mozart opera...

Bedwyr

I go to the opera a few times a year - the Welsh National Opera do 5 quid tickets for every show - seen plenty of shit and some great ones, slept through a few as well.

Mozart? Can't bloody stand him - you have to sit through to much singy-talky story telling just to get to a good bit. Some beautifull moments though.

Verdi is always a winner though because he knows how to please a crowd, plenty of great songs with not much faff, all pretty easy listening. 

Message 11/11                 Date: 27-Dec-11  @  12:04 PM   -   RE: so I finally got to see a Mozart opera...

k

Bedwyr wrote:

Mozart? Cant bloody stand him - you have to sit through to much singy-talky story telling just to get to a good bit. Some beautifull moments though.

yeah thats how i found it, so much up and down stuff interspersed with a few good hooks, lol

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum