0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Logic Pro's virtual faders won't follow BCF2000's real faders

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 16-Apr-11  @  07:54 PM   -   Logic Pro's virtual faders won't follow BCF2000's real faders

Wilhelm

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Saw the first dancetech tutorial video on the BCF2000 and I believe I'm stuck on a very simple part of the u-1 setup.

The BCF's motorized faders follow Logic's faders on the screen - and even snap to the position if I move these physical faders - but they don't control the virtual faders at all. It looks as if the BCF2000 faders are a complete slave to Logic's faders and can't affect them in any way.

Is there something involving Logic Pro's Controller Surfaces preferences/setup I'm missing? Or is it the BCF2000's? I fiddled with the Logic preferences before stumbling upon Dancetech's video (seen here by the way). Here linked are the screenshots for my Logic Controller setup if anyone's interested.

Control Surfaces > Preferences > General
Control Surfaces > Preferences > Help Tags
Control Surfaces > Setup
Controller Assignments

I appreciate anyone's insight in this. Thanks again for the help.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 21-Apr-11  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: Logic Pro's virtual faders won't follow BCF2000's real faders

k

Link?: Link

sorry Wilhelm, been very busy, will get a reply added soon.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3                 Date: 22-Apr-11  @  06:40 PM     Edit: 22-Apr-11  |  06:41 PM   -   RE: Logic Pro's virtual faders won't follow BCF2000's real faders

k

Link?: Link

ok, on mine:

Control Surfaces > Preferences > General

resolution of relative controls = 16
maximum midi bandwidth = 50%

ticked boxes are only:
control surface follows track selection
flash mute & solo buttons

Multiple controls per parameter is set to: 1

last 3 checkboxes are all ticked

============

Control Surfaces > Preferences > Help Tags
same as yours

============
Control Surfaces > Setup
transport button click only is checked

============

Controller Assignments

There is NO bcf200 listed.. not sure how that got into yours.

-------------

i tried messing with all the settings in all the pages (except controller assignments), and it had no effect.. mine still worked both ways.

I would do this.

close Logic
disconnect bcf2000

go to applications/utilities/audio midi setup

delete any bcf2000 devices showing

Open Logic - preferences/control-surfaces/rebuild defaults

close logic

attach bcf2000 - switch on in setup mode (hold down 3rd top button and boot). setup the bcf2000 from scratch and make sure it is setup right (id=1 for only one unit,  U-1 setting etc etc - do it all as in video)

open logic.. try it

lemme know - if that doesnt work maybe u need to trash logic preferences, but backup first!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum