0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Two New Tracks

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 23-Feb-09  @  08:29 PM     Edit: 24-Feb-09  |  06:24 PM   -   Two New Tracks

Shadowscape

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Two new tracks uploaded, have only been doing music seriously since January, all original compositions, as I prefer not to use samples. All feedback would be welcome

www.myspace.com/xshadowscapex

Thanks for your time

And by the by, this is a smashin site, just found it today, gonna do all I cant to promote it, cheers.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 26-Feb-09  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: Two New Tracks

k

sorry mate, i dont do myspace, add some tracks here

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/13                 Date: 02-Mar-09  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: Two New Tracks

droplifter

Link?:  No link

Yeah put them on here and I'll listen too.

Message 4/13                 Date: 05-Mar-09  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: Two New Tracks

Shadowscape

hey guys, thanks for the interest and sorry for the delay, bin a bit hectic recently.

http://www.7161.com/css_artist.cfm?user=15618

I've added 2 tracks to the site.

Orion im quite pleased with, Leviathan was just a 2 hours experament.

Id appreciate good honest feedback thanks guys

by the way, debut EP out soon, 35+ minutes worth of music.

Thanks

Message 5/13                 Date: 06-Mar-09  @  05:34 AM   -   RE: Two New Tracks

Musineer Productions

Hello,

I like soundscapes/soundsculpting when it's done with some subtlety, and for early efforts these are great. Understanding you're after more than that, below are a few comments on each one.

Leviathan
Moody and mellow. The melody is mushy as peas. The voices are a bit a bit cheesy to my ears, and the drums need some processing. Play with filter sweeps and jumps. 4:30 to 5 ish is splendidly creepy. The tinglies work well. I don't like the synth strings and aahs at the end, again a bit obvious -- there's no drive somehow (no bass melody?). Experiment with effects.

Orion
I like the filtered animal-in-the-jungle sounds and the atmospheric build is good. The piano hook riff I liked at first (though I'll have to listen to it again to decide if it strays too far from the background scale), but it became too complicated whereas the backing didn't. I like the way you've used the voices on this one -- good intonation sounds. Goes on a bit, but that's not bad if I think of it as a shift in moods. Again I think you need to work on the sound of the drums -- too dry and 'factory' for this genre.

I look forward to hearing more of your stuff.

Message 6/13                 Date: 10-Mar-09  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: Two New Tracks

k

Leviathan - gorgeous intro pads, dark and moody, this would suit a film so well, reminds me of the atmospheric style of music from the film CRASH - when the drums come in they are initialy a good contrast to the depth of the opening pads, but after a while you kinda think they could do with something a little extra, not sure what, just some depth in the mix i think cos they sound just a bit too dry and 'on-top' of the rest - the middle drop down is cool going into the kinda 'egyptian-y' second movement - perhaps this section could benefit from a little eq tweaking cos so many midrange pads,voices and strings are occupying the same space, so it gets a bit overloaded and the bottom dissapears a bit.. good track overall

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/13                 Date: 10-Mar-09  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: Two New Tracks

k

Leviathan - dark moody intro, this would be superb film score, kinda like the atmosphere's from the film CRASH... i'm getting massive distortion on this track tho, i cant play it without grinding crackling noises coming from my speakers. there's some serious overload problems on this which need fixing - the overall level of the track is VERY low tho, it needs serious use of compression to get that stuff under control

anyways the drums come in and at first you think yeah, it's a good contrast to the depth of the initial opening pads - i like the breakdown also, which leads into the next section where i think the combination of pads, choir and strings are all fighting for space in that same midrange, so i'd remix it and try and seperate that stuff out a bit with compression and eq

overall it's got alot of atmosphere... i took the libery of chucking the track thu some sonnox mastring just top hotten it up and rolled of some sub bass

here:

http://www.dancetech.com/users_audio/leviathan_hotter.mp3

orion - does the same modulating distortion at the intro as soon as the pad comes in, crackling and distorting badly - jusy way too much sub bass and something's crackling my speakers

love the cycling ostinato lick on it, but that distorting rumbling uncontained bottom end is wrecking it all

Message 8/13                 Date: 10-Mar-09  @  10:40 AM   -   RE: Two New Tracks

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

look, check it out - here's a section of ORION intro - from about 39 to 43 seconds - in a 3d freq plot

look at that massive 20hz peak!!!!! you cant actualy hear it on nearfield, but it's wrecking the mix totaly

Message 9/13                 Date: 10-Mar-09  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: Two New Tracks

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

here's leviathans intro and you can see, no 20hz massive, but again so much energy is peaking down at the very low end - when it's like that and unmastered you have to crank it to hell to get a decent level in the definition and then the bottom just overloads

generaly you need to get that shit under control with compression

Message 10/13                 Date: 10-Mar-09  @  03:31 PM     Edit: 10-Mar-09  |  03:38 PM   -   RE: Two New Tracks

Shadowscape

hey guys thanks for the advice, I dont have alot of experience with production/processing, so its all good advice.

I didnt notice any crackles with the low end, but i may need to tweak my monitoring/listening set up.

I tend to have my volume at maximum, to detect this stuff, so somethings not quite right.

(I use bass oriented cover ear headphones, maybe this is the problem?)

Maybe they are able to handle mroe bass than most i dunno.

Maybe its a bit overkill, cos i used about 3 layers of bass, which i normally do, i like grand, epic, full sounds.

Ill stick the rest of my newer stuff up, to see what you guys think, thanks.

Also, once you have heard my tracks, I was hoping someone could identify what genre(s) if any I fall itno, cos i dont have a fuckin clue.

I was thinking ambient, but its a bit too big a sound for it, so, any help there would be great too.

Message 11/13                 Date: 10-Mar-09  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: Two New Tracks

k

just add some lo shelving to the bass to roll it off at 60hz. also use some multiband compression to tame those bott ends but aloow the top/mid to breathe

sure, send em up! genre? dunno. i'd have to take another listen, sounds kinda film score-y tho

Message 12/13                 Date: 10-Mar-09  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: Two New Tracks

Shadowscape

http://www.7161.com/members/css_index_members.cfm?admin_page_id=1

heres the rest up, enjoy!

Message 13/13                 Date: 16-Mar-09  @  03:37 AM   -   RE: Two New Tracks

k

yeah it's alright, it's kindalike film score / film music x with ambient

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum