0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: godless (circlefreak remix)

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 21-May-08  @  08:23 PM   -   godless (circlefreak remix)

circlefreak

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

New here after the untimely death of the funender site. Created this for submission to a remix competition, details can be found here http://www.flesheatingfoundation.co.uk I'm under no illusion regarding the quality and the total lack of any chance of winning but would be interested in some feedback, good or bad is fine.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 22-May-08  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: godless (circlefreak remix)

k

Link?: Link

it's good, what's the problem? there's something wrong with the way the audio file sounds

Unless it's this mac that's faulty, then something is distorting in the mix, it's like the file is digitaly
clipping, i cant decide what's doing it tho

also there's some weird phasing on the drums, (which could be intentional)

if it was a bit cleaner/powerful/punchy with the drums bottom end and didn't distort it'd be a killer
track - by that i mean the chaos/soundscape-iness of it all is really good, but the clipping or
whatever type distortion i can hear ruins it - As for the drums... I like that chaotic phasing they have,
but i think it needs like a more solid, thumping, tight, big drum sound in there underpinning it all so
the chaos sits inside it.. the drums aren't 'banging' enuff for me basicly, but i do like the phasing as
well... it needs both imo... the phasing madness, but banging!

how did you do this exactly anyways?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5                 Date: 22-May-08  @  08:59 AM   -   RE: godless (circlefreak remix)

circlefreak

Link?:  No link

Thanks for the listen. I just had someone else listen and they couldn't hear any discernable clipping. Some of the samples provided in the remix pack already have a certain level of distortion, the bassline if listened to in isolation does sound like it's clipping occasionally.
The beats used are intentionally distorted, used a bitcrusher, which could explain the phasing, plus I may have used a stereo enhancer as well but not 100% on that one. I understand the suggestion of a bigger drum sound but reckon that would take my track too close to the original. Mix is never going to sound really clear as monitoring on a pair of multimedia speakers, but I have listened to the track on my stereo and mp3 player and reckon it's as good as I'm going to get it considering the equipment used.
Obviously don't know what kind of speakers you got hooked up to your mac but maybe try listening on something else, you may like it more.

Message 4/5                 Date: 22-May-08  @  10:46 AM   -   RE: godless (circlefreak remix)

k

must be this mac then, it's just had a full OS re-install, but mebbe the speaker out is dodgy. i'll
d/load it to listen instead, anyways you shouldn't put the track down so much, you sound like you're
givin up before starting - mind you having said that i'm not into 'competitions' for music

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5                 Date: 22-May-08  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: godless (circlefreak remix)

k

well yeah i dont hear the distortion thru the other output pc but it's still a bit mushy and all sounds like the tracks energy is all lying within quite a narrow band of frequencies, The distorting clipping must have been itunes distorting then on the mac headphone out i guess. I stil think the kick could be more pronounced/thumping tho from listening to it on the monitors. I really like the soundscape going on in there, the vocal and the bassline, very atmospheric anyways.

you shoudl wire the pc out to the hi-fi amp CD or AUX input i reckon and mix it again on the hi-fi speakers if you cant get some decent monitors dedicated to the pc. I only say this cos i think it's actualy potentialy a really deep and great track, I love the wailing islamic sounding vocal and the roaring shout etc etc, some of the sounds are really fierce & oppressive and dark. I can hear all the bits in there just about but i'd love to hear it clear and loud

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum