0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 2 new tracks up-minimal and progres

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8                 Date: 19-Feb-08  @  09:21 PM   -   2 new tracks up-minimal and progres

softcore

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Ok guys been a while since my last upload but i think it was worth it

1."the beloved" co-created with my best friend's un-technical yet truely inspired help!!! lol
old style which apparently is more commercial

2."get into gear" another minimal-ish thing

As always happy to hear your thoughts comments ideas criticism or just a plain "mannn it sucks" or "mannn this rules" lol

Thanks in advance!!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/8                 Date: 26-Feb-08  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: 2 new tracks up-minimal and progres

k

Link?:  Link

very tight mixes mate. I think I listened to "get into gear" the other day and thought it didnt quite do it for me in a linear way, but the backing was tight... the mix is very tight on both, it was just on "get into gear" the ripplking time changing little delayed square synth detracts me from the groove a bit

what you mixing that on for the tightness - what eq comps etc? (and any mastering/limiting etc?)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8                 Date: 26-Feb-08  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: 2 new tracks up-minimal and progres

k

Link?:  Link

actualy "get into gear" sounds better today, mebbe i was analysing it too much last time

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/8                 Date: 26-Feb-08  @  07:05 PM     Edit: 26-Feb-08  |  07:11 PM   -   RE: 2 new tracks up-minimal and progres

softcore

Thank you very much for listening and for the comments!!!!

Both of them are mixed in sonar-no hardware EQs and/or comps(cant afford them)
Both of them are driven through EQ (lp64 EQ) then a multiband compressor (LP64multi),then a nornal compressor (sonitus) and last limiter (boost 11)-although i dont really use the limiter to push the loudness any higher,i just use it to make sure nothing is clipping-all native plugs of sonar!

Thank you very much again and errr dont worry about analysing it too much-I often do that myself!!!!
Cheers!!!

Message 5/8                 Date: 02-Mar-08  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: 2 new tracks up-minimal and progres

rags .aka. welder

"the beloved"

indeed, it sounds very thight! Definetely belongs to the "man, this rules" category in my book and not just because of the sound. (Although the main "broadband" compression is almost too much to my taste, but it is still ok )...

"get into gear"

Funny, in this you have a sample that makes the tune sound like it is clipping occasionally... or could be that it is actually clipping on the BW limiter due to the excessive low-end content... hmmm. Anyway, the track is superb, darker than the other one, really hard to resist not to up the volume a bit (actually, I couldn't ). Only thing I have missed is some occasional long delay with lots of feedback on the bassline to make it even more trippy...

All in all, with both track I have felt a kind of sonic quality that is really hard to describe or quantify... could be because of the mastering tools you've used, or the way these tracks are mixed, but it definitely sounds "pro" with a "character".

Message 6/8                 Date: 02-Mar-08  @  10:51 AM     Edit: 02-Mar-08  |  10:55 AM   -   RE: 2 new tracks up-minimal and progres

softcore

rags .aka. welder wrote:Funny, in this you have a sample that makes the tune sound like it is clipping occasionally...

You re absolutely right!!!There is indeed a looped blippy sequence - clearly audible in the begining and end of the tune - that is indeed sounding a bit like clipping.......oh well bad choice of distortion settings i guess......I mean......it shouldnt be perceived as clipping!!!!

*keeps notes*

Thank you very much for your kind and uplifting comments!!!

Message 7/8                 Date: 20-Apr-08  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: 2 new tracks up-minimal and progres

milan

i like the minimal grooves mon, the beloved being my favourite!

only criticism is, they all have a bit too much "stereo" on them... nothing seems to be centered, and i find that a bit disorienting.

Message 8/8                 Date: 22-Apr-08  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: 2 new tracks up-minimal and progres

Absorption

get into gear-nice track, very kraftwerk like! like it, dave

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum