0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: mixing with headphones...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 19-Jan-08  @  08:26 PM   -   mixing with headphones...

rags .aka. welder

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I guess nothing beats a good pair of monitors, but there are just situations when you can't use them (sleeping spouse, kid, neighbour, dog, kitten, etc...)

Now I have found this vst recently... it is basically a plugin that you can put on your master bus and it makes your cans sound a like a pair of speakers... well almost

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 20-Jan-08  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: mixing with headphones...

k

Link?:  Link

hmm... i'll have to try that, good heads-up mate

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6                 Date: 21-Jan-08  @  08:26 AM   -   RE: mixing with headphones...

rags .aka. welder

Lol @ avatar!

Message 4/6                 Date: 21-Mar-11  @  09:48 AM   -   RE: mixing with headphones...

Komposition.x

it makes your cans sound a like a pair of speakers... well almost 

And almost is THE BIGGEST PROBLEM, as these hoodo acoustic, phasing convo algo's will give you a false sense of the real space your making music in, Headphones are "Forward Feeding" so what you hear is tight and dimensional, switch to speakers, and Smash, Crash, Bang! Poof...... Your Mix Collapses.

Stick with Cans/Speakers you know, no acoustic imaging! 

Message 5/6                 Date: 24-Mar-11  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: mixing with headphones...

safeandsound123

Ah someone beat me to it here is a simple device you can build (a crossfeed)
simulates an acoustic environment to a degree, it puts some left channel in your right and some right in your left.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheap-Acoustic-Simulator-Crossfeed-for-Headphone/

SafeandSound Mastering, low cost, high end

Message 6/6                 Date: 25-Mar-11  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: mixing with headphones...

k

headphones are so difficult. i'm reviewing the new red5audio ones right now actualy, and damn it is hard to evaluate against 4 other cans. they all sound different.. some subtley and some radicaly, like the senheisser hd25's are so bassy it's mad, but their sound is very very 'tight'

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum