0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: PA Help

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 23-Aug-06  @  01:34 PM   -   PA Help

jack.gutteridge

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi people, Im new to this whole game, so any help would be grately appreciated. Im looking to contruct a pa rig for holding parties with. I have been teching myself from internet tutorials and have a basic grasp of it. The rig Im looking to design is going to be used for mainly breaks and dnb, then a bit of house n garage and reggae. So it needs to be quite bass heavy. I have found some designs from Selenium - http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?WebPage_ID=220. Good for what Im looking for?

My main questions are regarding whether there are any tutorials about matching amps with the speakers u build and how to run a crossover because this is the part of it all I dont really understand. I would quite like active speakers, to fit with my design. Is this possible, how would i work out what I would need for this system with the two woofers, then a separate amp for the two mid drivers and the horn.

Could someone also point me in the direction of the best suppliers of drivers and amps on the net?

I know these are very basic questions but as I said I am very new to this but I have spent a lot of time learning and would like to learn more. Any help would be grately appreciated. Thanks

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 23-Aug-06  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: PA Help

k

Link?:  Link

did you have a budget?.. cos it can cost more now to build than to buy as wood costs so damned music (really, wood is VERY expsensive for proper serious plywood)

you can get some VERY good systems now with long guarantees... ready to run

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4                 Date: 20-Aug-08  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: PA Help

tjspetznez

Link?:  No link

hi. my name is talent and i live in zimbabwe.i am also in the same boat you are in. confused and not knowing where to look. you can go to this website that is if you have not yet checked out this site. it is www.colomar.com. check it out and you won't be dissappointed.

Message 4/4                 Date: 17-Jan-09  @  10:54 PM     Edit: 17-Jan-09  |  10:55 PM   -   RE: PA Help

mike

Link?: Link

look on www.speakerplans.com for loudspeaker plans
and check out the forums for advice!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum