0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: You knew it was coming...

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 12-Aug-05  @  04:58 AM   -   You knew it was coming...

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

So what do ya make of this?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 12-Aug-05  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: You knew it was coming...

The Moujik

File?:  No file

I assume it's real? Guess the retail price will determine if it's a viable alternative to a normal DJ mixer & 2 cables

Message 3/11                 Date: 12-Aug-05  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: You knew it was coming...

milan

yes... we knew it was coming, but i dont think there is a working prototype anywhere.

practicaly speaking:

cons: i have no idea how they mean to implement pitch shiting or stretching on an ipod, and if they dont, you can just forget about the whole thing.. then there's the cost of two ipods and a digital mixer to think bout, which might take it into a laptop+Traktor category.

pros: it might be more stable than a laptop+traktorcombination, and each deejay can bring his own ipods. then again, they might each cary their f/w hard drives with them. in fact , just recently i talked to someone who does just that.

so all in all... it might end up being the choice of fashion victims and apple addicts, which does not really turn me on.

maybe ipod owners will have something more positive to say  

Message 4/11                 Date: 12-Aug-05  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: You knew it was coming...

beds

there's no pitch shift is there? just look at the picture.

too gay for words.

Message 5/11                 Date: 12-Aug-05  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: You knew it was coming...

psylichon

beds, what the hell is that in your avatar anyway

Message 6/11                 Date: 12-Aug-05  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: You knew it was coming...

psylichon

o i c nevermind

Message 7/11                 Date: 13-Aug-05  @  08:18 AM   -   RE: You knew it was coming...

beds

it's booze!

Message 8/11                 Date: 13-Aug-05  @  08:21 AM   -   RE: You knew it was coming...

milan

its beer innit

Message 9/11                 Date: 13-Aug-05  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: You knew it was coming...

k

Link?:  Link

it could stream data into a buffer and stretch it there most likely cos it'd be useless without that cos u couldn't beatmatch

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/11                 Date: 13-Aug-05  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: You knew it was coming...

beds

it's got no knob/slider for changing the pitch though has it? "3 band eq and gain" makes 4 knobs.

it's a piece of shit for fashion victims. woohoo!

Message 11/11                 Date: 15-Aug-05  @  04:40 AM   -   RE: You knew it was coming...

psylichon

he pretends to hate, but he's secretly attempting to download one as I type.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum